About This Chapter
Customer Needs Analysis - Chapter Summary
This chapter explores different approaches and forms of research your company can use to properly analyze customer needs. Employees can access short and engaging videos and text lessons to learn more about:
- The uses of a means-end approach in customer needs analysis
- How organizations use statistical analysis to find trends and examine relationships
- Making recommendations by analyzing, applying and drawing conclusions from research
- Critical-to-quality (CTQ) trees and how they are used to turn customer needs into actions
You can tailor the lessons to meet your corporate training needs. Have employees watch the videos together then hold group discussions or allow them to review the lessons independently then test their comprehension with lesson quizzes and a practice chapter exam.
How It Helps
- Strengthens research methods: This chapter helps your company learn ways to improve its customer research methods, which can ensure you're always in tune with your customers' needs.
- Boosts customer satisfaction: Getting in tune with customers' needs can help you always offer the best products and services in a manner they appreciate, boosting customer satisfaction.
- Increases profitability: Satisfied customers are more likely to reward your business with loyalty, which can lead to an increase in profits.
After exploring the lessons in this chapter, your employees will be ready to:
- Define customer needs analysis and describe how it is used as a means-end approach
- Identify the different types of statistics used to analyze data and predict future trends
- Discuss how companies solve problems by analyzing, applying and drawing conclusions from research
- Explain how critical-to-quality (CTQ) trees help customer needs become measurable requirements for products and services
1. Means-End Approach in Customer Needs Analysis
Buying a product typically means more to a customer than just 'buying a car' or 'purchasing a tablet.' When a company can tap into the needs and the interests of the customer, it can develop products that sell. This lesson covers how to use the means-end approach to cater your products to your customers' physical and psychological interests.
2. Statistical Analysis: Using Data to Find Trends and Examine Relationships
Many different organizations use statistical analysis to describe and analyze data and to predict future trends. Learn about the different types of statistics in this video lesson.
3. Analyzing, Applying, and Drawing Conclusions From Research to Make Recommendations
In this lesson, we'll explore how companies analyze, apply and draw conclusions from research to solve problems. Learn how effective recommendations can help a business survive and thrive.
4. CTQ Trees: Turning Customer Needs into Actions
This lesson will define and explain how critical-to-quality (CTQ) trees can help change customer needs and expectation into measurable standards for products and/or services.
5. Practical Application: Anticipating Customer Needs
Anticipating customer needs is an important skill to have in order to be successful as a business. Use this list of questions as a means to help uncover and understand these needs.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.