About This Chapter
Customer Relations in Business - Chapter Summary
This chapter clearly communicates the importance of customer relations to the success of a company. After watching these corporate training videos, your employees will have a good understanding of:
- Key concepts of customer relations
- Characteristics of business-to-business and business-to-customer approaches
- Hurdles that small businesses face in CRM and how they're overcome
Employees have the flexibility of watching the short, engaging video lessons on a computer or one of numerous mobile devices. After completing a video lesson, employees can quickly go back to any certain point for a second look with the video tags. You can also use the included quizzes to assess their understanding of key concepts.
How It Helps
- Guides actions: This chapter helps your employees to consider the customer when making business decisions.
- Develops alternatives: The various B2B and B2C approaches discussed in the chapter can help your employees spark ideas for new and different customer relations strategies.
- Increases preparedness: Employees who understand CRM obstacles faced by small businesses will be prepared to handle the issues appropriately.
When your employees finish this chapter, they will be able to:
- Explain the key concepts of customer relations
- Describe the major B2B and B2C approaches
- Understand the challenges of customer relations in a small business
1. Comparing Business-to-Business & Business-to-Customer Approaches
In this lesson, we will define the terms 'business-to-business' and 'business-to-customer.' The lesson will also discuss some of the different approaches that are used for each, and then you can test your knowledge with a quiz.
2. Customer Relationship Management for Small Businesses
Every small business needs a customer relationship management (CRM) system in place. This lesson will define customer relationship management and take a look at some challenges businesses face in using CRM and tips for overcoming them.
3. Practical Application: Overcoming Challenges in Customer Relationship Management
In this application, create a useful plan to collect, analyze, and manage your customer relationship management system. Use the checklist to evaluate your effective use of data and customer information.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Understanding Customer Relationship Management Basics course