About This Chapter
Customer Relationship Management & Customer Satisfaction - Chapter Summary
Use the fun lessons in this chapter to help your employees understand CRM and how it can improve customer satisfaction in your company. Watching the videos can help employees gain greater insight into:
- How customer relationship management is used to focus on customers
- The meaning of customer satisfaction
- CRM and its relationship to marketing technology
You can use the lessons as a part of a corporate training session, or allow employees to watch the videos independently on their computers, smartphones or tablets. Gauge their understanding of CRM and customer satisfaction with short lesson quizzes. Submit any questions you have about the lessons to expert tutors and coaches.
How It Helps
- Creates awareness: The lessons make your employees aware of the importance of keeping customers satisfied and marketing to their needs as they work toward improving company profits.
- Centers business on customers: Employees learn how to combine functional processes and business operations to shift the focus of your business to the needs of your customers.
- Enhances marketing and technology: This chapter helps your employees understand how to use and improve your company's technology to successfully market to your customers.
By completing the lessons in this chapter, employees will be prepared to:
- Define customer relationship management
- Explain how CRM helps organizations become more customer focused
- Understand the meaning of customer satisfaction
- Discuss the ways customer relationship management is guided by technology
- Describe how CRM and technology can be combined to provide the best customer service
1. Customer Relationship Management: Using CRM to Focus on Customers
Customer relationship management (CRM) is an enterprise business system that organizations utilize to acquire, enhance, and retain relationships with customers. This lesson explores how CRM helps organizations become more customer-focused and profitable by combining functional processes with business operations.
2. What is Customer Satisfaction? - Definition & Examples
Customer satisfaction is essential for business success in today's marketplace. In this lesson, you'll learn what customer satisfaction is and be provided some examples. A short quiz follows the lesson.
3. Case Study: Costco Wholesale's Customer Satisfaction
Wholesale giant Costco has often been an industry leader or innovator in customer satisfaction. This case study will examine some of the strategies used by the company to improve and maintain high-levels of customer satisfaction.
4. Customer Relationship Management and Marketing Technology
Customer relationship management helps companies retain customers and boost the effectiveness of their marketing strategies. Watch this video to see how customer relationship management is guided by technology to provide the most appropriate level of customer service.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Benefits of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) course