About This Chapter
Customer Relationship Management - Chapter Summary
Our experienced instructors break down customer relationship management concepts into short corporate training videos so your employees can easily hone in on strategies that will ensure successful customer relationships. Lessons in this chapter discuss the following topics:
- Examining key concepts of customer relations
- Defining the types and characteristics of customer service
- The role of customer relationships in marketing
- Comparisons between market and sales orientation
- The use of marketing technology to provide appropriate customer service
Each video lesson includes a quiz so your employees can see for themselves how well they grasped the materials. You can also use the chapter exam to ensure your employees gained a thorough understanding of the various aspects of customer relationship management.
How It Helps
- Improves customer interactions: Once employees understand the nuts and bolts of how to manage customer relationships, they will be able to provide stronger customer service.
- Brings a shared understanding: This chapter offers a means to develop a consistent approach to customer relationship management using the language and concepts discussed in the video lessons.
- Creates a competitive advantage: Creating strategies for customer relationship management will help your company acquire and retain customers to put your company ahead of the rest.
By the end of this chapter, employees will be able to:
- Recognize what it takes to effectively manage customer relationships
- Know how to improve and deepen relationships with customers
- Provide customer-oriented service
- Understand the role of technology in customer relationship management
1. Customer Relations: Definition & Concept
Cultivating customer relations is crucial to the success of any business. In this lesson, you'll learn about customer relations including some of its key concepts. A brief quiz follows the lesson.
2. What Is Customer Service? - Definition, Types & Role in Marketing
Customer service is the act of taking care of the customer's needs by providing and delivering professional, helpful, high quality service and assistance before, during, and after the customer's requirements are met.
3. Market Orientation and Sales Orientation: Definition and Differences
You will learn the different ways an organization can focus their internal strengths. You will understand the five main differences between a sales and market orientation.
4. Practical Application: Market Orientation vs. Sales Orientation Infographic
This infographic will help you remember the main principles of a market orientation. After a quick review comparing market versus sales orientation, we'll get into the infographic and explain how the visuals relate to the content.
5. Customer Relationship Management and Marketing Technology
Customer relationship management helps companies retain customers and boost the effectiveness of their marketing strategies. Watch this video to see how customer relationship management is guided by technology to provide the most appropriate level of customer service.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Building Customer Relationships course