About This Chapter
Customer Relationship Strategies & Maintenance - Chapter Summary
The short lessons in this chapter closely examine customer relationship management to help your employees develop and maintain this business system in your company. Watching the videos will help employees understand:
- How to implement customer relationship management
- The relationship between CRM and marketing technology
- Ways to use CRM to focus on customers
- Best uses of social media in customer relationship management
- Potential issues associated with CRM
- The difference between relationship selling and traditional selling
- How to cultivate long-term customer relationships
Tailor the lessons to suit your corporate training needs. Employees can watch the videos in sequence in a group setting to promote meaningful discussion about customer relationship strategies and maintenance, or they might view them independently on their computers or mobile devices. Use self-assessment quizzes and a chapter exam to gauge their comprehension of the lessons.
How It Helps
- Strengthens customer relationships: The lessons in this chapter offer the tools your employees need to successfully implement CRM in your company and begin the process of developing and maintaining strong relationships with your customers.
- Offers customer-centered marketing strategies: Employees can acquire targeted marketing strategies that enhance your company's social media presence, ensure you always know your customers' needs and understand how to market to those needs.
- Increases profits: As your employees learn how to build better relationships with your customers, your flow of business can steadily grow, increasing profits for your company.
Upon completion of this chapter, employees will be able to:
- List the steps needed to implement CRM
- Understand how customer relationship management is guided by technology
- Describe the ways CRM helps companies become more customer-focused
- Detail tips for successfully using social media in customer relationship management
- Explain issues that could arise when using CRM
- Share the benefits of using relationship selling instead of traditional selling methods
- Discuss how customer service builds long-term customer relationships
- Explain the use of ICT to maintain good customer relationships
1. Implementing Customer Relationship Management
Customer relationship management (CRM) is a critical business concept that is used to manage marketing, sales, and customer service functions. In this lesson, you'll learn about the main steps that are necessary to implement a CRM process.
2. Practical Application: CRM Implementation Infographic
This infographic will help you learn and retain the three main parts of a successful customer relationship management (CRM) system. You can use it for yourself, or post it in your workplace to share with others.
3. Customer Relationship Management and Marketing Technology
Customer relationship management helps companies retain customers and boost the effectiveness of their marketing strategies. Watch this video to see how customer relationship management is guided by technology to provide the most appropriate level of customer service.
4. Customer Relationship Management: Using CRM to Focus on Customers
Customer relationship management (CRM) is an enterprise business system that organizations utilize to acquire, enhance, and retain relationships with customers. This lesson explores how CRM helps organizations become more customer-focused and profitable by combining functional processes with business operations.
5. Social Media in Customer Relationship Management
Social media has become one of the biggest ways organizations connect with their customers. This lesson will provide you with advantages and strategies for using social media to enhance customer relationship management (CRM).
6. Potential Issues in Customer Relationship Management
When businesses collect information about their customers to improve service, they need to be careful that their efforts don't backfire. This lesson takes a look at potential issues with the use of customer information.
7. Relationship Selling vs. Traditional Methods: Definition and Purpose
Promoting is an important method of communicating the benefits of a product or service. The traditional way of selling does not take into account developing a long-term relationship with customers and is more concerned with just making a sale. The proper way of selling in a marketing environment is relationship selling. This is concerned with solving customer product needs and delivering long-term customer service.
8. Cultivating Long-Term Customer Relationships
Learn how to cultivate long-term customer relationships and the importance of maintaining those relationships through team building, customer satisfaction, and communicating effectively.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Understanding Customer Relationship Management Basics course