About This Chapter
Customer Satisfaction & Loyalty - Chapter Summary
Building and maintaining customer satisfaction and customer loyalty plays a major role in the success of a business. This chapter takes a close look at ways to retain your customer base and keep customers happy through the use of assessments, loyalty programs and quality customer service. Topics covered in the lessons include the following:
- How customer satisfaction and customer service relate
- Ways to improve retention by using customer satisfaction measurements
- Mystery shopper programs and retail assessments
- How to use good customer service to build customer loyalty
- Customer loyalty programs
Choose any number of lessons in this chapter that can enhance your corporate training sessions. Managers and employees who can't make the sessions or want to revisit this chapter at a later time can access the lessons you select using any computer or mobile device. Quizzes are available to check your training participants' comprehension of lesson concepts and ensure they have the knowledge needed to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty in the workplace.
How It Helps
- Offers tips and strategies: Lessons offer fantastic tips and strategies your managers and employees can use to effectively implement assessments, loyalty programs and other customer satisfaction and retention methods in your business.
- Improves customer relations: By taking steps to identify and meet customer needs and strengthen service, relationships with customers will improve.
- Strengthens business: As customers become satisfied and showcase their loyalty, your business will be able to maintain and improve its success.
Once your managers and employees have studied the lessons in this chapter, they will be ready to:
- Explain the direct impact customer service has on the satisfaction of its customers
- Utilize different customer satisfaction measurements to improve retention and build customer relationships
- Measure customer needs and expectations by developing retail assessments and/or mystery shopper programs
- Outline and utilize six key strategies for delivering top-notch service that can build customer loyalty
- Describe the benefits and uses of customer loyalty programs
1. Relationship Between Customer Service & Satisfaction: Levels & Examples
In this lesson, we'll talk about the link between customer service and customer satisfaction. We'll see that how a business handles its customer service directly impacts the satisfaction of its customers.
2. Measuring Customer Satisfaction to Improve Retention
Customer satisfaction is the key to a successful business. This lesson will discuss different customer satisfaction measurements that can improve retention and build relationships with customers.
3. Developing Retail Assessments & Mystery Shopper Programs
Business success requires knowing just how customers feel and think about the whole retail experience. This is where retail assessments and mystery shopper programs can provide valuable feedback.
4. Practical Application: Creating Retail Assessments & Mystery Shopper Programs
Use this fictional scenario as a basis to practice creating a retail assessment that can be used internally as well as externally via a mystery shopper program. Questions are included to guide the process.
5. Building Customer Loyalty With Good Customer Service
Creating loyal customers is easier than you may think, and it's vital to develop skills for good customer service. This lesson outlines six key elements in delivering extraordinary service.
6. Customer Loyalty Program: Definition, Purpose & Example
Customer loyalty programs can be beneficial for both customers and the company. This lesson discusses the purpose of a customer loyalty program and provides an example.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.