About This Chapter
Customer Satisfaction Metrics & Methods - Chapter Summary
You can use the lessons in this chapter to give your employees a comprehensive overview of customer satisfaction metrics and methods. In a short period of time, they can learn more about the following:
- The meaning and types of customer service metrics
- Ways to measure customer service in an effort to improve retention
- Specific methods that can be used to measure customer satisfaction
- How customer satisfaction surveys are used and implemented
- The definition and uses of Net Promoter Score
Train your employees on the metrics and methods they can use to measure customer satisfaction then test their comprehension with short lesson quizzes.
How It Helps
- Offers practical methods: This chapter teaches your employees practical methods and strategies they can use to quickly and easily begin measuring customer satisfaction in your company.
- Provides clear examples: Lessons not only delve into the ways customer satisfaction can be measured, but provides clear examples your employees can use to begin implementing their own metrics strategies.
- Improves customer service efforts: By taking advantage of the various methods in this chapter, your employees can begin the very real process of improving your customer service efforts and increasing customer satisfaction.
Reviewing the lessons ensures your employees will be able to do the following:
- Define metrics, explain methods for measuring customer satisfaction and identify the types of call center metrics
- Explain the methods used to acquire customer service feedback and use it to improve the customer experience
- Share different methods for carrying out customer research
- Provide the benefits, uses, implementation and interpretation of customer satisfaction surveys
- Describe the uses, advantages and disadvantages of Net Promoter Score
1. Customer Service Metrics: Definition & Types
In this lesson, we'll define customer service metrics and provide suggestions on how to set appropriate goals. We'll also discuss when to gather customer satisfaction data.
2. Measuring Customer Satisfaction to Improve Retention
Customer satisfaction is the key to a successful business. This lesson will discuss different customer satisfaction measurements that can improve retention and build relationships with customers.
3. Methods for Measuring Customer Satisfaction
Customers are the bread and butter of any business. This is why businesses need to make sure they are measuring customer satisfaction. This lesson will discuss methods for measuring customer satisfaction.
4. Customer Satisfaction Surveys: Uses & Implementation
This lesson will discuss the importance and benefits of customer satisfaction surveys. We will review common questions to include in surveys, ideas for increasing response rates, and how to prioritize and analyze feedback.
5. Net Promoter Score: Definition & Examples
Net Promoter Score (NPS) is a mathematical equation that seeks to quantify customer loyalty and satisfaction. This lesson will walk through the basic definition of NPS and how it is calculated.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.