About This Chapter
Customer Satisfaction & Retention - Chapter Summary
This chapter is categorized into sections that cover the components of customer satisfaction and retention. Your employees have the chance to review the following topics:
- Types of customer service and its role in marketing
- Overview of customer satisfaction
- Importance of customer retention
- Resolving complaints from customers
- Keeping a positive attitude in customer service
- Knowing products and services
- Appreciating loyal customers
Use this chapter during a corporate training session or assign it to your employees to complete on their own. Your employees can quickly check their knowledge of these topics by taking advantage of the lesson quizzes. The quizzes also help you to assess their comprehension.
How It Helps
- Focuses on positivity: Even if customers are complaining, these lessons help employees see the importance for remaining positive when providing customer service.
- Keeps customers happy: After picking up helpful techniques, employees learn to make the right decisions to keep customers happy.
- Promotes retention: These lessons can help employees to understand the importance of offering customer service Even after customers buy a product or use a service, so that the customers will want to come back in the future.
After your employees go through this chapter, they will be able to:
- Understand the importance of customer service and customer satisfaction
- Describe why customer retention is important
- Explain the importance of knowing the products, services and most importantly the customers
- Describe the behaviors that create a positive attitude in customer service
- Learn how to resolve customer issues in a calm, effective manner
- Explain the steps for personalizing customer service
- List options to show appreciation to loyal customers
1. What Is Customer Service? - Definition, Types & Role in Marketing
Customer service is the act of taking care of the customer's needs by providing and delivering professional, helpful, high quality service and assistance before, during, and after the customer's requirements are met.
2. What is Customer Satisfaction? - Definition & Examples
Customer satisfaction is essential for business success in today's marketplace. In this lesson, you'll learn what customer satisfaction is and be provided some examples. A short quiz follows the lesson.
3. Case Study: Costco Wholesale's Customer Satisfaction
Wholesale giant Costco has often been an industry leader or innovator in customer satisfaction. This case study will examine some of the strategies used by the company to improve and maintain high-levels of customer satisfaction.
4. Customer Retention: Definition & Importance
In order to stay profitable, you want to keep your customers coming back. This means you need to retain their business. This lesson describes the important link between customer satisfaction and customer retention.
5. The Importance of Knowing Your Products & Services
This lesson describes the importance of knowing your products and services. It also explains the value that knowing your products and services can add to the customer experience.
6. Maintaining a Positive Attitude in Customer Service
Customer service can profoundly affect the customer experience. This lesson discusses the importance of having a positive outlook while working in customer service. It includes information on setting the tone of an interaction, building strong customer relationships, and working to maintain an authentic demeanor.
7. How to Personalize Customer Service
This lesson will review basic social interactions, body language, and utilization of empathy with customers. The lesson will also discuss providing customer service that is personalized.
8. Resolving Customer Service Complaints
Turn your complaining customers into raving fans! Use the examples, suggestions, and steps in this lesson to create a plan to resolve customer service complaints.
9. Showing Appreciation to Loyal Customers
Keeping your customers happy and having them return again and again is one of the greatest challenges (and opportunities) of a business. This lesson offers some suggestions to show appreciation to loyal customers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.