About This Chapter
Customer Service Basics Over the Phone - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, engaging video lessons cover the definition, roles and challenges of telephone customer service. Employees will learn about the following:
- Different types of customer service and its role in marketing
- Why good customer service is important
- Basic rules of telephone customer service
- Common challenges in providing customer service over the phone
Our experienced instructors provide brief, impactful presentations to illustrate the fundamentals of telephone customer service. Quizzes and a chapter exam provide easy methods to assess employees' understanding of lesson materials.
How It Helps
- Builds employee confidence: This chapter gives employees the knowledge and skills to handle each customer phone call with certainty.
- Emphasizes the importance of customer service: By watching these lessons, employees will understand that good telephone customer service is key to gaining and retaining customers.
- Leads to satisfied customers: The lessons in this chapter provide the tools necessary for employees to respond effectively to customer inquiries and concerns.
By the end of this chapter, employees will be able to:
- Explain the meaning and types of customer service
- Describe how solid customer service results in customer loyalty and improving a company's reputation
- Know how to use good telephone etiquette
- Understand how to overcome telephone customer service challenges
1. What Is Customer Service? - Definition, Types & Role in Marketing
Customer service is the act of taking care of the customer's needs by providing and delivering professional, helpful, high quality service and assistance before, during, and after the customer's requirements are met.
2. The Importance of Good Customer Service
Providing good customer service is critical for a company's success! If your company is struggling, this is the first area to evaluate. This lesson defines customer service and explains how it can have a positive impact on a business.
3. Phone Skills for Customer Service
Effective customer service has a major impact on the overall health of an organization. This lesson will discuss several soft skills that phone customer service representatives should have.
4. Practical Application: Assessing Phone Skills for Customer Service Representatives
This questionnaire will help you self assess your phone skills. Using this will help you identify areas and strength and weakness in this skill. After, we'll analyze the results and look at strategies for improvement if necessary.
5. Telephone Customer Service: Challenges & Tips
Telephone customer service creates an interesting environment for customer service professionals. In this lesson, we'll discuss the challenges associated with providing telephone customer support and tips for providing superb service.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Developing Effective Telephone Customer Service Skills course