About This Chapter
Customer Service Challenges - Chapter Summary
This chapter is designed mainly to help your customer service staff face and overcome common barriers in their profession. They will have the opportunity to review effective techniques they can implement daily to help customers in person and on the phone to solve complaints and ensure customer loyalty. This chapter enables your customer service employees to learn more about:
- What common barriers are faced by customer service personnel
- How to provide strong customer service on the telephone
- The steps for resolving customer complaints
- Methods for interacting with abusive customers
Lessons are presented in text or video formats and can be accessed at all times, from any device, so it's easy to set up a training schedule for your employees. Test what your employees have learned from these lessons by using assessment quizzes that will enable you to identify if there are any topics your employees need to further review.
How It Helps
- Enhances understanding of customer service duties: Shows your employees effective techniques for supplying top customer service and developing customer loyalty.
- Builds strong telephone skills: Discusses how customer service employees can use strong oral communication skills to ensure the satisfaction of customers who call in to your business.
- Develops conflict management skills: Details methods your employees can use to successfully diffuse confrontational situations and ensure customer satisfaction.
By the end of this chapter, your managers will be able to:
- Understand the types of barriers faced by CSRs
- Provide customer service via phone conversations
- Resolve customer complaints
- Apply methods for working with verbally and physically abusive customers
- Use stress management techniques
1. Common Barriers to Effective Customer Service
What's holding back your customer service? In this lesson, you'll learn more about some of the common barriers to effective customer service and how each one can impact your business and bottom line.
2. Telephone Customer Service: Challenges & Tips
Telephone customer service creates an interesting environment for customer service professionals. In this lesson, we'll discuss the challenges associated with providing telephone customer support and tips for providing superb service.
3. Techniques for Resolving Customer Complaints
In this lesson, we'll review the five steps in resolving customer complaints. We'll also provide suggestions in each step to maximize customer satisfaction and equip your customer service agents.
4. Managing Abusive Customers: Techniques, Safety & Stress Management
Excellent customer service can be challenging when customers are irate, but these issues can be handled without too much stress. This lesson discusses techniques on how to deal with abusive customers, how to stay safe in this situations, and how to handle the stress.
5. Practical Application: Dealing with Abusive Customers
Abusive customers present a unique challenge since they essentially put two important concepts at odds with each other. There's a fine line to walk when employees must be protected and customers must be satisfied.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.