About This Chapter
Customer Service Management - Chapter Summary
What does a customer service manager do? How do they recruit employees? What communication skills are crucial for these managers? These lessons will help the customer service managers in your employ better understand the roles they play and the duties they must fulfill. Your employees will learn more about:
- The impact of customer service managers on successful business practices
- Recruiting and hiring effective customer service personnel
- Leadership skills required by customer service managers
- Ways in which customer service managers communicate with employees
Short text lessons take only minutes to review and are accessible on any device 24/7, making it possible for your employees to receive training onsite or at home. Those using this chapter can take brief assessment quizzes to demonstrate what they have learned and whether they are ready to implement methods described in this chapter.
How It Helps
- Promotes understanding of management role: Helps managers develop a clear grasp of what they need to do to be successful in their positions.
- Enhances management skills: Shows your customer service managers how to build effective customer service teams.
- Strengthens communication skills: Describes methods your managers can utilize to create the strong communications between management and employees that leads to an effective working environment.
By the end of this chapter, your managers will be able to:
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Understand their role in your company's success
- Build a strong customer service team
- Use the oral and written communication skills needed to develop capable customer service employees
1. What Is the Role of the Customer Service Manager?
One of the most critical roles in a company is that of the customer service manager. Learn how this manager impacts the success of a business while helping to create loyal customers.
2. How to Recruit & Hire Customer Service Personnel
One of the most difficult parts of the customer service industry is the recruitment and hiring process. This lesson explains the importance of hiring the right personnel and the recruitment and hiring processes.
3. Coaching Customer Service Skills: Role of the Team Leader
As a leader of a customer service team, you must have a clear understanding of the communication skills required to provide good customer service. We'll discuss some concepts that are essential to promoting clear communication within the customer service industry in this lesson.
4. Practical Application: Rating Your Coaching Skills
What type of coach are you in the workplace? In this asset, you'll be asked to assess yourself and then get a look at some of the most common coaching fails and how to recognize and avoid them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.