About This Chapter
Customizing Options and Views in Excel: Chapter Summary
When creating spreadsheets in Excel, you may find it useful to customize your options and views. This can make it easier to compare or go back and forth between worksheets, as well as help you get your work done more quickly. This chapter will not only teach you how to customize your options and views in Excel, it will cover keyboard shortcuts and other tips and tricks that make working in Excel faster and easier.
Our video lessons break down the process of learning new techniques for working in Excel into simple and manageable pieces. Interactive online quizzes accompany each video lesson so you can assess your understanding of key concepts.
Topics covered in this chapter include:
- Hiding and unhiding worksheets, rows and columns
- Customizing the quick access toolbar
- Navigating and customizing Excel's ribbon
- Management and security of macros
- Changing workbook views
- Recording simple macros
- Adding values to workbook properties
- Using the zoom feature
- Displaying formulas
- Freezing panes
- Assigning and modifying shortcut keys
- Splitting the window
(Note: All demonstrations in this chapter will be using Microsoft Excel 2013. Certain features, tools or displays may be different in other versions.)
Excel is a trademark of the Microsoft Corporation, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. How to Customize the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel
If you're new to Excel, you may be somewhat bewildered by the power of this program. However, Excel does have a very quick way to do basic operations, such as saving, undoing, and printing--the Quick Access Toolbar.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Intro to Excel: Essential Training & Tutorials course
- Creating Worksheets & Workbooks in Excel
- Formatting Worksheets & Workbooks in Excel
- Configure to Print & Save in Excel
- Format Cells & Ranges in Excel
- Insert Data in Cells and Ranges in Excel
- Filter and Sort a Table in Excel
- Order & Group Cells & Ranges in Excel
- Create a Table in Excel
- Modify a Table in Excel
- Use Cell Ranges & References for Formulas & Functions in Excel
- Summarize Data with Functions in Excel
- Functions with Conditional Logic in Excel
- Format & Modify Text with Functions in Excel
- Create a Chart in Excel