About This Chapter
Who's It For
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering the major quotations from Dante's Inferno will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about Dante's quotes about love, Beatrice, Virgil and more. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in learning about quotes from Dante's Inferno
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Dante's Inferno Quotes chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Dante's Inferno Quotes chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about major quotes in Dante's Inferno for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Quotations on love, death, sin, free will and God
- Dante's thoughts on limbo, Hell and Satan
- Quotes related to Beatrice and Virgil
1. Dante's Inferno Quotes About Love
Dante Alighieri's ''Inferno'' is just one section of the 14-book poem, 'Divine Comedy' and follows Dante through the depths of Hell. In this lesson, we will talk about love as it is discussed in the book by looking at several important quotes.
2. Dante's Inferno Quotes About Sin
Dante's ''Inferno'' is the first book in his collection ''Divine Comedy''. As Dante ventures through hell, the nature of sin develops. In this lesson, we'll learn about sin by reading quotes from the book.
3. Dante's Inferno Quotes About God
In Dante's 'Inferno,' there are several references to God and His role in creating the underworld. This lesson looks at and analyzes some of the key quotes about God.
4. Dante's Inferno Quotes About Satan
In 'Inferno', you join the author, Dante, on a winding journey through the terrifying layers of Hell. This lesson will focus on Dante's quotes and portrayal of Satan.
5. Dante's Inferno Quotes About Limbo
The first circle of Hell in Dante's ''Inferno'' is known as Limbo, and this circle is unique compared to the rest. Let's review the text to identify its characteristics and background.
6. Dante's Inferno Quotes About Hell
Dante's 'Inferno', the first book of his 'Divine Comedy', details Dante's journey through hell with Virgil as his guide. This lesson goes over and analyzes key quotes about hell.
7. Dante's Inferno Free Will Quotes
Despite the influences on his work, Dante Alighieri believed in free will, which he wove into his Inferno. Read this lesson to learn more about how free will plays a role in this text, and how Dante thinks the sinners chose Hell.
8. Dante's Inferno Death Quotes
Death is everywhere in Dante's 'Inferno' since the poem depicts the pilgrim's journey through Hell and his encounters with the souls there. Read this lesson to learn more about how Dante uses the idea of death throughout his poem.
9. Dante's Inferno Beatrice Quotes
Beatrice is Dante's deceased lover who sends Virgil to seek him out. This lesson analyzes her key quotes from Canto 2, the only place in ''The Inferno'' where she appears.
10. Dante's Inferno Virgil Quotes
Dante Alighieri's 'Inferno' is a journey through the nine circles of hell, and Dante is led by Virgil, the famous poet. In this lesson, we will talk about quotes from the book by Virgil.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.