About This Chapter
1. What is Business Intelligence? - Definition & Examples
Business intelligence (BI) allows a company to learn important information to help gain a competitive advantage. In this lesson, we'll discuss what business intelligence is, how to start a new BI system, and the importance of business analytics.
2. Data Mining: Applications & Examples
Data mining has a number of applications that can help companies make the most out of the information that they already have. This lesson demonstrates that as well as provides examples.
3. What is Data Analytics? - Definition & Tools
In this lesson, we'll learn about data analytics. We'll define it and learn about some of the many tools used for data analytics. The lesson is followed by a quiz.
4. Types of Data Visualization
Data visualization is the graphical representation intended to communicate information in a meaningful way. The creation of the various types of data visualizations is described in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Certified Management Accountant (CMA): Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Financial Statements Overview
- Financial Valuation, Recognition & Measurement
- Financial Strategic Planning
- Budgeting Concepts for Accountants
- Forecasting Techniques in Business
- Budgeting Methodologies in Accounting
- Annual Profit Planning
- Financial Projections
- Cost & Variance Measures in Performance Management
- Responsibility Centers & Reporting Segments
- Performance Measurement in Accounting
- Cost Measurement & Systems
- Overhead Costs
- Understanding Supply Chain Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Governance, Risk & Compliance in Accounting
- Accounting Systems Controls & Security Measures
- Accounting & Enterprise Information Systems
- Data Governance
- Technology-Enabled Finance Transformation
- Basic Financial Statement Analysis
- Profitability Analysis
- Financial Statement Special Issues
- Basics of Corporate Finance
- Capital Management Overview
- Corporate Restructuring
- International Finance Practices
- Business Decision Analysis
- Risk Management for Business
- Investment Decisions
- Accountant Professional Ethics
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Flashcards