About This Chapter
Data Visualization & Binding - Chapter Summary
Take a look at this chapter to learn and master information about data visualization and binding. Our expert instructors walk you through the basics of visual analytics as well as 3D visualization tools and vector graphics. You'll also examine various types of data binding and familiarize yourself with their uses in WPF and Java.
Be sure to take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes to solidify your comprehension of these data visualization and binding concepts. You can revisit the lessons whenever you need to, and you can also reach out to our instructors if you have any questions. To make your studying experience flexible and convenient, we've made the chapter accessible on any device that has an Internet connection.
How It Helps
Information systems professionals can use this chapter as a supplemental skill development resource. These short lessons can reinforce your existing knowledge or help you learn new data visualization skills. Equipping yourself with this knowledge can help you advance your career and strengthen your current work skills.
By the end of the chapter, you will be able to:
- Define visual analytics and describe its process and associated challenges
- Explain the role of visual analytics in health care
- Assess 3D data visualization tools and problems
- Recognize examples of scalable vector graphics and evaluate their advantages
- Identify vector graphic formats
- Evaluate different types of vector art
- Define the concept of data binding
- Compare one-way and two-way data binding
- Analyze encapsulation and data abstraction in OOPLs
- Describe data binding with Java and WPF
1. Visual Analytics: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we'll take a look at visual analytics, what it is, what influences its use, and some examples of tools used to produce visual analytics. At the end, you should have a good understanding of this important area.
2. Visual Analytics: Process & Challenges
In this lesson, we'll take a look at visual analytics, what they are, the process used to create them, and the challenges faced when using them. At the end, you should have a good understanding of this area.
3. Visual Analytics in Health Care
In this lesson, we'll take a look at Visual Analytics, what they are used for, and how they can affect health care. At the end, you should have a good understanding of this important use of Visual Analytics.
4. 3D Data Visualization: Problems & Tools
In this lesson, we'll take a look at data visualization, what it is, how 3D data visualization is different, the problems associated with it, and some tools used to create it.
5. Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG): Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we'll take a look at scalable vector graphics, what they are, why we use them, and some examples of its use. At the end, you should have a good understanding of this significant technology.
6. Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG): Format & Advantages
In this lesson, we'll take a look at scalable vector graphics (SVG), what they are, the format they use, and some of their advantages. At the end, you should have a good understanding of this significant technology.
7. Vector Graphics: Definition & Formats
In this lesson, we'll take a look at the technology known as vector graphics, what it is, some advantages, some disadvantages, and some formats that use it.
8. Vector Art: Definition & Types
In this lesson, we'll define vector art, describe what it's used for, and identify some of the types available. At the end, you should have a good understanding of this important technology.
9. Data Binding: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we'll take a look at Data Binding, what it is, and some examples of where you might use it. At the end, you should have a good understanding of this commonly used technology.
10. Two-Way Data Binding: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we will define Data Binding, discuss the specifics of Two-Way Data Binding, and give some examples of each. At the end, you should have a good understanding of this useful technique.
11. One-Way Data Binding: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we will define Data Binding, explain the concept of one-way data binding and give some examples. At the end, you should have a good understanding of this useful technique.
12. One-Way Data Binding vs. Two-Way Data Binding
For this lesson, we'll concentrate on the concept of data binding by defining it, examining the one-way and two-way variations, and how we might choose one over the other.
13. Data Abstraction & Encapsulation in OOPLs
In this lesson, we'll take a look at the OOPL, what it is, what abstraction is, what encapsulation is, and how all of these ideas are combined to create something greater.
14. Data Binding with Java
This lesson will cover the concept of data binding in Java, connecting class instances to class variables and methods. We will provide code examples for both static and dynamic data binding.
In Web applications, it is important to have a useful graphical user interface. But what if we want to make it more dynamic and connect data to it? This lesson will show how to bind data to the user interface. Working code examples are provided.
16. Data Binding in AngularJS
Data binding is often a one-way street. With AngularJS, however, you can take advantage of two-way data binding to develop server-side applications. This lesson will discuss the features of data binding in AngularJS, providing working code examples.
17. Data Binding with WPF
In this lesson, we'll take a look at data binding, what it is, what WPF is, and how the two are related. At the end, you should have a solid understanding of this interesting technology.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Information Systems: Tutoring Solution course
- Information Systems in Organizations: Tutoring Solution
- Hardware and Systems Technology: Tutoring Solution
- Systems Software and Application Software: Tutoring Solution
- Internet, Intranet, and Extranet: Tutoring Solution
- Network Systems Technology: Tutoring Solution
- Enterprise Business Systems: Tutoring Solution
- Decision Support Systems: Tutoring Solution
- Systems Development: Tutoring Solution
- Data Management: Tutoring Solution
- Business, Social, and Ethical Implications and Issues: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Programming: Tutoring Solution
- Data Visualization & Programming Languages
- Displaying Visualization Data