About This Chapter
Data Visualization & Programming Languages - Chapter Summary
This comprehensive skills and training chapter outlines essential information related to data visualization and programming languages. Our expert instructors define data visualization terms and explain programming language concepts in a way that's easy to understand. As you progress through the chapter, you'll review the basics of SQL scripts, the uses of PHP and IDE, Python data visualization and the similarities and differences between C# and C++.
You'll be able to check your understanding of the chapter material by taking the accompanying self-assessment quizzes. The chapter is available to study at any time, and you can submit questions to our instructors if you need extra help. The chapter is also accessible on any device that has an Internet connection.
How It Helps
This chapter is designed for working professionals who need to learn or review information about programming languages and data visualization. Aspiring information systems professionals can use the chapter to gain more insight into the field and get ahead in their skill development. The chapter can also help professionals who want to diversify their programming language skill set, advance their careers or simply refresh their understanding of data visualization techniques.
By the end of the chapter, you will be able to:
- Define query in SQL
- Create and run an SQL script
- Differentiate between SQL scripts and queries
- Understand the uses of SQL scripts
- Summarize the history of PHP and SQL
- Assess the uses and advantages of PHP
- Recognize examples of IDE in software
- Identify MySQL commands
- Outline the basics of Python data visualization
- Compare C# and C++
- Explain the concept of data binding in C#
1. What is Query in SQL?
If you asked a librarian for ALL books from the library, you would get a funny look. You can ask a computer the same question and it just might try to perform the task. This lesson will discuss a query (question) in SQL and provide code examples.
2. How to Create & Run a SQL Script
In this lesson, we'll take a look at SQL and SQL script, how to create a SQL script, and how to run a SQL script. At the end, you should have a good understanding of this useful technology.
3. SQL Scripts vs. Queries
In this lesson, we'll take a look at SQL, what it is, SQL queries and SQL scripts, and how they all are related. At the end, you should have a good grasp of these important concepts.
4. SQL Scripts: Uses & Examples
In this lesson, we'll take a look at SQL scripts, give some examples of them, and explain what they are used for. At the end, you should have a good understanding of this important topic.
5. Rasmus Lerdorf & History of PHP
In this lesson, we'll take a look at Rasmus Lerdorf and learn who he is, what PHP is, and PHP's history. At the end, you should have a good understanding of this important figure.
6. What is PHP Used For? - Uses & Advantages
In this lesson, we will be examining the Hypertext Preprocessor Scripting Language PHP. We will learn what it is, how it is used, and some of its advantages.
7. IDE in Software: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we'll take a look at a fundamental concept in software development, the IDE. Further, we'll focus on what it is, what it's used for, and some examples.
8. History of SQL
In this lesson, we'll take a look at SQL, what it is, how it's related to databases, and its history. At the end, you should have a good understanding of this common capability.
9. MySQL Commands: List & Examples
In this lesson, you'll be introduced to MySQL and learn about the different MySQL commands that can be used to work with databases. At the end of the lesson, there's a great command reference table to use while you are coding.
10. Python Data Visualization: Basics & Examples
In this lesson, we will define Data Visualization and Python, go over the basics of Data Visualization in Python, and show some examples of how this is accomplished.
11. C# vs. C++: Similarities & Differences
In this lesson, we'll take a look at the C++ (C Plus Plus) and C# (C Sharp), what they are, some of the things that make them similar, and some of the things that make them different.
12. Data Binding in C#
In this lesson, we'll take a look at C# and data binding, and how data binding is accomplished in C#. At the end, you should have a good understanding of this important concept.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Information Systems: Tutoring Solution course
- Information Systems in Organizations: Tutoring Solution
- Hardware and Systems Technology: Tutoring Solution
- Systems Software and Application Software: Tutoring Solution
- Internet, Intranet, and Extranet: Tutoring Solution
- Network Systems Technology: Tutoring Solution
- Enterprise Business Systems: Tutoring Solution
- Decision Support Systems: Tutoring Solution
- Systems Development: Tutoring Solution
- Data Management: Tutoring Solution
- Business, Social, and Ethical Implications and Issues: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Programming: Tutoring Solution
- Data Visualization & Binding
- Displaying Visualization Data