About This Chapter
Days and Dates in Spanish - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
What day is today? When is your birthday? When is Cinco de Mayo? Learning how to say the days, months, and dates in a year is an important part of learning a new language. In this chapter, a qualified instructor will introduce you to the vocabulary of days and dates in Spanish. You'll learn to list the days of the week, months of the year, and some famous holidays. You'll also learn how to ask about the date and tell someone what date an event is going to happen. There's also a lesson where you can practice the knowledge you've gained from this chapter, and each lesson has a self-graded quiz where you can test your skills. After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Name the days of the week and months of the year in Spanish
- Ask about the day or date in Spanish
- Talk about the day or date in Spanish
- List important holidays in Spanish
|Days of the Week and Holidays in Spanish||Learn how to say the days of the week as well as some of the famous holidays in Spanish.|
|What Are the Months in Spanish?||Examine the vocabulary words for each month of the year in Spanish.|
|Talking about Days and Dates in Spanish Grammar||Understand how to tell someone the day or date and how to name the date for an event in Spanish.|
|Conversation About Days and Dates: Practice Spanish Activities||Practice using the vocabulary you've learned, and listen to conversations about dates.|
1. Days of the Week in Spanish
In this lesson we will learn the days of the week in Spanish. In addition to vocabulary, you will learn the order of the days. Take note that in Spanish the week starts with Monday rather than Sunday.
2. What Are the Months in Spanish?
This lesson focuses on the months of the year in Spanish. We will also look at a few different holidays and festivities that take place during each month.
3. Talking About Days and Dates in Spanish Grammar
Now that we know the vocabulary for the days and months of year in Spanish, we can talk about days and dates in more detail. In this lesson, we will learn the different structures used when talking about days and dates in Spanish.
4. Conversations About Days and Dates: Practice Spanish Activities
In this lesson you will get a chance to practice your listening and reading skills as we continue reviewing the days and dates in Spanish. Test your skills and play along with contestants in our game show!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Spanish 101: Beginning Spanish course
- Greetings & Introductions in Spanish
- Describing People in Spanish
- Locations in Spanish: Vocabulary & Grammar
- Household Terms in Spanish
- Weather and Seasons in Spanish
- Spanish Numbers
- Telling Time in Spanish
- Likes and Dislikes in Spanish
- AR Verbs in Spanish: Present Tense Conjugation and Vocabulary List
- ER and IR Verbs in Spanish: Present Tense
- Pastimes in Spanish
- Technology in Spanish
- Talking About Family Members in Spanish
- Shopping in Spanish
- Discussing the Past in Spanish
- Talking About Vacations in Spanish
- TV, Movies & Media in Spanish
- Discussing Community in Spanish
- Discussing Natural Disasters/Emergencies in Spanish
- As a Child in Spanish
- Spanish Fables
- Required Assignments for Spanish 101
- Studying for Spanish 101