About This Chapter
Dealing with Allergies & Pests - Chapter Summary
The top instructors in this chapter ensure you know how to recognize when different types of mites are impacting animals and humans. These bite-sized lessons also examine steps you can take to manage bites, allergies and other issues related to mites. Check your knowledge of this information by taking self-assessment quizzes and a practice exam. Send any questions you have about topics covered in this chapter to our experts. Upon completion, you will be able to do the following:
- List symptoms and discuss the treatment of dust mite allergies and bites
- Compare and contrast bed bugs and dust mites
- Explain how to treat ear mites in dogs, cats and rabbits and recognize the symptoms
- Describe the symptoms and treatment of ear mites in humans
1. Dust Mite Allergy: Symptoms & Treatment
Dust mites sensitivities can develop into allergies with severe symptoms. Read this lesson to learn more about the symptoms and treatment for dust mite allergies.
2. Dust Mite Bites: Symptoms & Treatment
Dust mites are tiny, microscopic bugs that can cause big problems for humans. Read this lesson to learn about the symptoms of-and treatment for-dust mite sensitivity.
3. Bed Bugs vs. Dust Mites
Bed bugs and dust mites are both pests, but there are differences between the two. In this lesson, we'll look at each critter, discuss why they are pests, and do a little comparison.
4. Ear Mites in Humans: Symptoms & Treatment
Ear mites are tiny parasites that can feed off of human skin cells, oils, and wax. In this lesson, you'll learn about the symptoms caused by ear mites and what you can do to treat this uncomfortable infestation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the First Aid & CPR Training for Health Professionals course
- Responding to Emergencies
- Rescue Techniques & Methods
- Air Embolisms & Cardiac Arrhythmia
- Recognizing & Treating Angina
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Disease & Heart Failure
- Understanding Strokes
- Preventing & Treating Strokes
- Ischemic, Hemorrhagic & Mini Strokes
- Massive, Mild & Silent Strokes
- Dealing with Heat Stroke
- Blood Clot Types & Complications
- Blood Clot Sites
- Acidosis, Alkalosis & Polycythemia
- Hypercapnia, Hypercarbia, & Hypoxia
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Pneumonia & Pneumothorax
- Conditions of the Lungs
- Bell's Palsy
- Conditions of the Brain
- Understanding & Treating Brain Aneurysms
- Understanding & Treating Heartburn
- Diagnosing & Treating Coughs