About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering the different acts of Death of a Salesman will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the major events and people in the acts and requiem of this play. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in summarizing the acts of Death of a Salesman
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Death of a Salesman Summaries chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Death of a Salesman Summaries chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about each act of Death of a Salesman for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Overview of Death of a Salesman Act 1
- Major events and characters in Act 2
- A summary of the Requiem
1. Death of a Salesman Act 1 Summary
Arthur Miller's ''Death of a Salesman'' introduces audiences to Willy Loman, an aging salesman. In Act 1, Willy's mental and physical deterioration becomes clear as he interacts with his wife and sons.
2. Death of a Salesman: Act 2 - Summary
This lesson focuses on Act 2 of Arthur Miller's ''Death of a Salesman.'' Act 2 portrays Willy Loman's continuing decline and his inability to face reality.
3. Death of a Salesman Requiem Summary
In this lesson, you will learn about the final Requiem portion of Arthur Miller's ''Death of a Salesman''. Although this ending scene is short, it carries great significance for the audience's understanding of the Loman family's vision of Willy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Death of a Salesman Study Guide course