About This Chapter
Decimals for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
If you are the parent or teacher of an elementary school child who is learning about decimals, use these online lessons to help them with their studies or math homework. Each lesson provides an age-appropriate overview of different decimal concepts that they will cover in their math class. The chapter also includes practice quizzes students can use to ensure they have understood the main points from the lessons.
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with decimals will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about decimals.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding math problems involving decimals
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about decimals
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about decimals
- Students who struggle to understand their math teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover decimal topics that your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about decimals.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands decimals by completing the Decimals for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Long Division with Decimals
As its name implies, long division can be 'long;' however, it is a necessary skill in many occupations. In this lesson, you will learn how to use long division to divide with decimals.
2. Dividing Decimals by Whole Numbers
Have you ever had to divide a decimal by a whole number? Bet you did and didn't even know it! If you've used money, you've used decimals. This lesson will teach you how to divide a decimal by a whole number!
3. Comparing & Ordering Fractions, Decimals & Percents
In this lesson, you'll learn how to compare and order fractions, decimals, and percents. This includes converting between the three forms of numbers. You'll also have a chance to practice with a sample problem.
4. Dividing Decimals by Decimals
Did you know that you most likely use decimals every day, like when you pay for something, weigh something, or tell time? In this lesson, you'll learn how to divide a decimal by another decimal.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Math for Kids course
- Numbers for Elementary School
- Geometry for Elementary School
- Fractions for Elementary School
- Math Basics for Elementary School
- Statistics for Elementary School
- Number Properties for Elementary School
- Algebra for Elementary School
- Math Patterns for Elementary School
- History of Math for Elementary School
- Math Terms for Elementary School
- Working with Numbers for Elementary School
- Types of Numbers for Elementary School
- Measurements for Elementary School
- Working with Data for Elementary School
- Representing Numbers for Elementary School
- Types of Data for Elementary School
- Math Strategies for Elementary School
- Fraction Operations for Elementary School
- Shapes for Elementary School
- Negative Numbers for Elementary School
- Lines & Angles for Elementary School
- Multiplication for Elementary School