About This Chapter
Decimals & Fractions for Kids - Chapter Summary
Use this self-paced chapter to help your students acquire a quality understanding of decimals and fractions. Enjoy access to entertaining lessons that provide in-depth analyses of fractions, equivalent fractions, decimal place value and more. Lessons are user-friendly and fun to review. After completing them, students will be able to:
- Define and describe the two parts of a fraction
- Compare and order fractions, decimals and percents
- Explain how fractions are equivalent
- Describe how decimal place value is used in math
This chapter provides all the details your students need to gain full comprehension of the basics of decimals and fractions. Choose the lessons you'd like your students to review based on their current knowledge of math subject. When needed, have your students revisit those lessons to reinforce their understanding. At any time, feel free to gauge their comprehension with lesson quizzes and a chapter exam. If you or your students have questions about lesson topics, don't hesitate to send them to our experts.
1. Fractions: Lesson for Kids
A fraction gives information using two parts. In this lesson, you'll learn the two parts of a fraction and what they mean. You'll also learn how to read a fraction.
2. Comparing & Ordering Fractions, Decimals & Percents
In this lesson, you'll learn how to compare and order fractions, decimals, and percents. This includes converting between the three forms of numbers. You'll also have a chance to practice with a sample problem.
3. Equivalent Fractions: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, we will discuss how fractions are equivalent. You will also learn how fractions can have the same value even though they may look totally different.
4. Decimal Place Value: Lesson for Kids
Place values are important to understand to solve basic math problems, but did you know that there are also decimal place values? In this lesson, we'll discuss decimal place values and how to read them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NAPLAN Year 3: Test Prep & Practice course
- Understanding the NAPLAN Tests
- Overview of Grammar for Kids
- Spelling & Capitalization for Kids
- Punctuation Rules for Kids
- Reading Comprehension for Kids
- The Writing Process for Kids
- Counting, Number Patterns & Estimation for Kids
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication & Division for Kids
- Math Word Problems for Kids
- Understanding Geometry for Kids
- Time, Money & Measurement for Kids
- Reading Basic Graphs, Charts & Figures for Kids
- NAPLAN Year 3 Flashcards