About This Chapter
Defining & Implementing Customer Service Metrics - Chapter Summary
Customer service metrics are used to measure a company's operations, quality, relationships and more with the goal of improving customer satisfaction. You can use this chapter to help your employees understand what customer service metrics are and more by exploring lessons on:
- Types of customer service metrics
- How to choose metrics for customer service operations
- Ways to prepare for gathering customer service metrics
Use the lessons in a group setting so employees to hold discussions about customer service metrics or create corporate training sessions that allow employees to review the lessons individually on their computers or mobile devices. You can test their comprehension of the lessons with short quizzes.
How It Helps
- Encourages brainstorming: Employees can watch the lessons to gain access to ideas meant to aid in their brainstorming of how to choose the right metrics and gather and prepare customer service data to measure.
- Offers methods and strategies: This chapter offers methods for measuring customer satisfaction and strategies for implementing and managing your company's customer service metrics.
- Increases customer satisfaction: Improving your company's customer service metrics can increase your ability to address your customers' needs, which increases satisfaction and can result in higher profits.
After exploring the lessons in this chapter, your employees will be able to:
- Provide the meaning of metrics and describe common customer service metrics
- Discuss various methods for measuring customer satisfaction
- Explain how to choose the right customer service metrics to meet company goals
- Share how to plan for data gathering when implementing customer service metrics
- Describe how a company might prepare surveys or questionnaires to gather data
1. Customer Service Metrics: Definition & Types
In this lesson, we'll define customer service metrics and provide suggestions on how to set appropriate goals. We'll also discuss when to gather customer satisfaction data.
2. Choosing Metrics for Customer Service Operations
There are so many areas of your business that you want to focus your attention on. This lesson will discuss choosing metrics for customer service operations.
3. How to Prepare for Gathering Customer Service Metrics
This lesson will help you prepare when gathering customer service metrics. You'll learn to consider the types of metrics available to you and how to determine what you want to measure.
4. Practical Application: Gathering Customer Service Metrics
How can organizations know if their customer service programs are working? Regular assessments of key metrics can help companies evaluate customer service programs. This chart will help you gather customer service metrics.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.