About This Chapter
Defining, Understanding & Managing Stress - Chapter Summary
Use this corporate training chapter to teach your staff about fundamental workplace stress concepts. These short lessons and quizzes cover the sources and effects of stress, as well as useful methods for managing stress in the workplace.
You can assign these lessons to your employees at any time, and they can also be used during managerial training sessions. The chapter is accessible on any device that has Internet service.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Supervisors who complete the chapter will become more aware of the negative effects of stress.
- Reduces stress: Lessons show employees how to avoid exposure to stress and how to cope with different stress sources.
- Improves employee performance:The chapter's stress reduction techniques can help your supervisors and employees perform more effectively at work.
By the end of the chapter, your company's supervisors should be able to:
- Explain how stress can affect overall health
- Identify sources of stress
- Utilize techniques to reduce and cope with stress
- Recognize the benefits of effective stress management
1. Stress: Definition and Impact on Overall Health
Stress, distress, eustress: just thinking about those terms may make you stress out! Don't worry, this lesson will define them and show plenty of examples of them in a manner that will calm your mind!
2. Where Does Stress Come From?
Explore the wonderful world of all the things that cause us stress. From school and work to internal and interpersonal stressors, we'll define what stressors are and the many places they arise from in this lesson.
3. Coping With Stress: Techniques, Attitudes & Reducing Exposure
Work, school, and life in general have plenty of things that cause us a lot of stress. If you'd like to learn some techniques that help to deal with these problems, watch or read this lesson.
4. What is Stress Management? - Definition & Benefits
In this lesson, you will learn the definition of stress management, the benefits of practicing stress management and numerous stress management techniques.
5. Practical Application: Impact of Stress on Overall Health Infographic
Stress can have a profound impact on your health and body. This infographic takes you through the two major types of stress, the fight-or-flight response, and the impact of stress on health.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Reducing Stress for Supervisors course