About This Chapter
Delivering Business Presentations - Chapter Summary
Our informative chapter on delivering presentations for business contains a series of lessons designed by expert instructors. You'll review the development of an audience-centered presentation, how to practice for a presentation and tips to overcome speech anxiety. All of these lessons are accompanied by self-assessment quizzes to help you see how well you're doing as you move along. If at any time you'd like some assistance, you're welcome to submit your questions through the Dashboard for one of our instructors to answer. Once you complete this chapter, you should be able to do the following:
- Develop an audience-centered presentation
- Detail the importance of practicing before a presentation
- Overcome speech anxiety using helpful tips
- Handle audience questions during a presentation
- Understand the pros and cons of using technology to deliver a presentation
- Outline the different types of visual aids for business presentations
- Differentiate between structured and free-form slides
- Set an appropriate tone for your PowerPoint presentation
- Use handouts effectively in a presentation
1. Developing an Audience-Centered Presentation
A presenter has to be able to develop an audience-centered presentation to target the wants, needs, motivations and characteristics of the attendees in order for the message to be delivered appropriately.
2. Practicing a Presentation: Importance, Techniques & Feedback
This lesson will cover the importance and techniques of presentations. You will find out why critical feedback is also necessary to make improvements to the speech.
3. Tips for Overcoming Speech Anxiety
Many business people suffer from speech anxiety, or the fear of speaking in public. In this lesson, you will learn some specific tips for overcoming speech anxiety.
4. Tips for Handling Audience Questions During a Presentation
An essential part of a professional presentation is providing a question and answer forum. This lesson covers tips for handing audience questions during a presentation.
5. Using Technology to Deliver a Presentation: Pros, Cons & Strategies
In today's wired world, there are many different technology strategies companies can use to deliver a message effectively, from simple slide presentations to live videos. This lesson covers the basics of several popular technologies and addresses the pros and cons of each.
6. Types of Visual Aids for Business Presentations
Visuals aids in business help create memorable key points, evaluate data, and understand complex relationships. There are many different types of visual aids that can be used in business presentations.
7. Types of Slides: Structured & Free-Form
Visual aids help an audience retain, understand and enjoy a business presentation. Two types of specific slides that can be selected to help communicate a message include structured and free-form.
8. Tips for Using Effective Handouts in a Presentation
Audience members expect to be educated, informed or persuaded during a presentation. Handouts aid in the recall of the information presented. There are specific tips for using effective handouts.
9. How to Set the Tone for Your PowerPoint Presentation
The tone of a speech has a lot to do with how the audience feels when you speak. In this lesson, we will discuss best practices when creating your slides and setting the tone for your presentation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 113: Business Communication course
- Communicating in the Workplace
- Communication and Diversity
- Communicating in Groups
- Interpersonal & Group Communication
- Leadership in Management
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Supervisor
- Communication as a Supervisor
- Messaging in Business Communication
- Planning to Communicate in the Workplace
- Developing Your Message in the Workplace
- Completing Your Message in the Workplace
- Using Visuals in Workplace Communication
- Communicating with Technology in the Workplace
- Business Reports and Proposals
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- Required Assignments for Business 113
- Studying for Business 113