About This Chapter
Dentistry Basics Study Guide - Chapter Summary
This series of bite-sized study guide resources examines basic topics in dentistry. Follow along with our instructors to review essential definitions and explanations of dentistry basics, such as luting agents and glass ionomer cement. Each lesson comes with a short quiz, and we've included a multiple-choice chapter exam to help you determine whether you've retained the basic dentistry topics you've studied. Our expert instructors are available to answer your questions, and you can study the chapter at any time that fits your schedule. After completing this chapter, you'll be equipped to:
- Evaluate the types and uses of glass ionomer cement
- Understand what luting agents are used for
1. Glass Ionomer Cement: Types & Uses
Glass ionomer cement is a very important material used in dentistry. Learn all about this form of cement, including its various types and uses, by reading this lesson!
2. Luting Agents: Definition & Uses
This lesson defines the concept of a luting agent. You'll also learn the general ways in which luting agents work as well as the names, compositions, uses, and even brief histories of some luting agents.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Human Biology Study Guide course
- Introduction to Human Biology
- Human Respiratory System Study Guide
- Human Circulatory System Study Guide
- Blood Vessels Study Guide
- Human Endocrine System Study Guide
- Skeletal System Study Guide
- Muscular System Study Guide
- Integumentary System Study Guide
- Sympathetic & Parasympathetic Nervous Systems Study Guide
- Digestive System Study Guide
- Urinary System Study Guide
- Reproductive System Study Guide
- Human Reproduction Study Guide
- Cell Structures & Cycles Study Guide
- Human Genetics Study Guide
- Disease & Disorders Study Guide
- Disease Origins Study Guide
- Diseases & Disorders Study Guide