About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help describing people in German will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn German words that describe people, families, emotions, the parts of the body and more. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding German vocabulary that describes people
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning German (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn how to describe people and things in German
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra German learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Describing People in German chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Describing People in German chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any German descriptive vocabulary question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a German descriptive vocabulary unit of a standard German language course. Topics covered include:
- German vocabulary that express emotion
- Describing people and appearances with German adjectives
- German vocabulary related to pregnancy, babies, families and relatives
- Words that describe personalities in German
- German body part vocabulary, including the face and head
- Honorifics in German
1. German Emotion Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to learn about all the different emotions that you can experience. We will mention some of the positive but also the negative emotions and how to talk about them in German.
2. German Adjectives to Describe People & Appearances
In this lesson, we'll find out how to describe people and their physical appearances using suitable German adjectives. We'll also review the function of adjectives, and expand our vocabulary regarding the search for an ideal partner.
3. German Family & Relative Words
In this lesson, we will learn all about family-related vocabulary. We will also learn how to apply our newly learned vocabulary in example sentences and at a German birthday celebration.
4. Pregnancy & Baby Vocabulary in German
In this lesson you will learn vocabulary related to pregnancy and having a baby. You will be able to discuss basic medical terms and learn what to expect when you're expecting in Germany.
5. German Personality Description Words
In this lesson, we will learn some adjectives that will help us describe and talk about people. The words are broken up into three categories: personality traits, words that describe emotions, and physical descriptions.
6. German Parts of the Body
In this lesson, we are going to learn how to name parts of the body in German. We are going to expand our German vocabulary while exploring fascinating facts about the amazing capabilities of the human body in the process.
7. German Face & Head Vocabulary
In this lesson, we are going to learn all about German terms related to specific parts of the body. We will explore how to talk about the face and head in German and expand our -specific vocabulary along the way.
8. German Honorifics
In this lesson, we're going to talk about German honorifics: words you use to show respect or a certain rank while addressing a person. We'll learn what they mean and all the different situations in which you should use them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Basic German: Help & Review course
- German Special Occasion Vocabulary
- German Food & Restaurant Vocabulary
- German Words for Clothes
- German Time & Dates
- German Hobbies & Activities
- German Nature & Climate Vocabulary
- German Words for Animals
- German House & Home Vocabulary
- German Travel Vocabulary
- German Health & Wellness Vocabulary
- Types of German Pronouns
- Using Modal Verbs in German
- German Grammatical Cases
- Using German Adverbs
- German Science, Technology & Math Vocabulary
- German Conversational Terms
- German Expressions
- German Location Vocabulary
- German Vocabulary for Affection & Intimacy
- German Verb Conjugation
- German Sentence Construction
- Types of German Verbs
- German Professional Vocabulary
- Using German Nouns
- Using German Adjectives
- German Verb Tenses
- German Numbers & Letters
- German Grammatical Moods