About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering material on designing and delivering business presentations will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn how to design and deliver business presentations. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to plan, practice and deliver business presentations
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning business (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about designing and delivering business presentations
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra business learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the chapter exam on designing and delivering business presentations.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the chapter exam on designing and delivering business presentations to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question about designing and delivering business presentations. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a unit on designing and delivering business presentations of a standard business communications course. Topics covered include:
- Planning a presentation with the audience's needs in mind
- Organizing the necessary parts of a business presentation
- Choosing and using visual aids as part of a presentation
- Strategies for delivering a spoken presentation to a group
1. Developing an Audience-Centered Presentation
A presenter has to be able to develop an audience-centered presentation to target the wants, needs, motivations and characteristics of the attendees in order for the message to be delivered appropriately.
2. Organizing & Developing an Effective Presentation
Preparing a presentation can seem difficult and overwhelming, but it doesn't need to be. In this lesson, we'll introduce the 'A.C.E.' acronym and explain how using it can set you up for a successful experience.
3. Types of Visual Aids for Business Presentations
Visuals aids in business help create memorable key points, evaluate data, and understand complex relationships. There are many different types of visual aids that can be used in business presentations.
4. Practicing a Presentation: Importance, Techniques & Feedback
This lesson will cover the importance and techniques of presentations. You will find out why critical feedback is also necessary to make improvements to the speech.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Communications: Help & Review course
- Business Communication Framework
- Spoken & Written Messages
- Preparing Written Messages
- Communicating Electronically
- Delivering Good & Neutral Tone Messages
- Delivering Bad News Messages
- Delivering Persuasive Messages
- Reporting Process & Research Methods of Business Communication
- Managing Data & Using Graphs in Business Communications
- Organizing & Preparing Reports & Proposals
- Preparing Job Applications
- Management Theory
- Organization in Business Management
- Motivation & Management Theories in Business
- Decision Making & Problem Solving Strategies
- Principles of Change Management
- Control as a Function of Management
- Basic Financial Statements
- Inventory Cost & Valuation
- Fundamentals of Microeconomics
- Online Privacy & Security
- Understanding Enterprise Business Systems