About This Chapter
Developing Adaptable Teams - Chapter Summary
Help your managers develop highly adaptable teams with this collection of engaging corporate training lessons. As your company's managers work through the chapter, they'll study a variety of team adaptability strategies, as well as concepts pertaining to team diversity, cultural adaptability, collaborative adaptation and virtual teams.
In addition to the lessons, the chapter comes with short quizzes to help reinforce the topics your managers study. These resources are available at any time, and they're accessible on any desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter helps supervisors cultivate an awareness of virtual work team challenges and the importance of collaborative adaptation.
- Offers cultural adaptability methods: Supervisors who complete the chapter will be able to use the chapter's information to encourage and develop cultural adaptability at work.
- Improves adaptability in the workplace: The strategies your managers learn in this chapter can help your employees become more adaptable in the workplace.
By the end of the chapter, your company's managers should be able to:
- Explain how cultural adaptability is developed in the workplace
- Discuss the importance of collaborative adaptation and diversity in work teams
- Recognize the challenges of virtual work teams
- Help work teams adapt to change
1. Importance & Impact of Diversity in Work Teams
It may seem obvious that diversity is important in work teams, but this isn't always the case. Learn about the two sides to this coin on the impact of diversity on teamwork.
2. Cultural Adaptability: Definition & Development
This lesson defines cultural adaptability. It explains how managers can teach employees to be more respectful and considerate of different cultural backgrounds to help team members to work within a diverse team.
3. Collaborative Adaptation: Definition & Importance
Collaborative adaptation is all about how your team approaches and handles change. In this lesson, you'll learn more about this characteristic and how you can encourage and facilitate it in your teams.
4. Challenges of Virtual Teams
Working on a virtual team can be challenging. Team members may be located in different time zones or have different expectations on how to complete an assigned project. This lesson discusses the challenges facing a virtual team and offers techniques for overcoming those challenges.
5. Strategies to Help Work Teams Adapt to Change
Motivating and encouraging members of work teams through organizational change can be challenging. In this lesson, managers can learn some tips for helping team members successfully navigate change.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Developing Adaptable Teams & Employees course