About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other 10th grade English work.
- Identify the developing as a reader and writer concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our 10th grade English tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about developing as a reader and writer to earn better grades. This resource can help students, including those who:
- Struggle with understanding how to make connections between texts, write for self-expression, read for personal growth or any other developing as a reader and writer topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their English learning
- Prefer learning English visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their developing as a reader and writer unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in 10th grade English
- Don't have access to their English teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about developing as a reader and writer simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live English tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about developing as a reader and writer on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and re-watch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Read and write for the purpose of personal growth.
- Explore the different methods of writing for self-expression.
- Make text-to-text connections between different works.
- Draw connections between literature and other art forms.
1. Reading and Writing for Personal Growth
In this lesson, we will discuss how reading and writing can expand our world views by allowing us to see things from other perspectives and challenge our own viewpoints.
2. Writing for Self-Expression: Essays, Poems and Journals
In this lesson, we will discuss the different ways to write for self expression. We will also discuss how writing for self expression will naturally lead to writing in different patterns, including essays, poems and journals.
3. Making Text-to-Text Connections Between Written Works
In this lesson, we will discuss connecting different writings to each other by learning about the authors, examining the literary elements, and reflecting on the writings.
4. Connecting Literature to Other Art Forms
In this lesson, we will explore how literature is connected to other art forms, including music, photography, and painting. We will also discuss how artists influence each other.
5. Reading Strategies for Kids
When it comes to reading comprehension, skillful readers think and problem solve differently then struggling readers. The key to improving comprehension for all kids is to learn effective reading strategies.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 10th Grade English: Tutoring Solution course
- Text Analysis and Close Reading for 10th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Reading and Understanding in Various Media: Tutoring Solution
- Literary Forms and Genres for 10th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Shakespeare for 10th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- African American Writers: Tutoring Solution
- British Fiction for 10th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- American Prose for 10th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Ancient Literature for 10th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Literary Criticism: Tutoring Solution
- Drama for 10th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- The Writing Process for 10th Grade: Tutoring Solution
- Using Source Materials in 10th Grade English: Tutoring Solution
- Conventions in 10th Grade Writing - Usage: Tutoring Solution
- Elements of 10th Grade Grammar: Tutoring Solution
- 10th Grade Grammar Usage: Tutoring Solution
- Punctuation in 10th Grade Writing: Tutoring Solution