About This Chapter
Developing High-Performing Teams - Chapter Summary
If your organization needs to develop high-performing teams, have your employees or managers complete this corporate training chapter. Inside, they'll find a collection of lessons that cover a variety of concepts and skills related to high-performing teams, including conflict management, accountability and commitment.
The chapter is entirely self-paced, and your employees will be able to access it on any device that has an Internet connection. Our instructors are available to answer any questions your employees may have about team development. The chapter also comes with interactive quizzes to help employees retain the concepts they study.
How It Helps
- Improves team-based skills: Employees and managers build crucial skills that are necessary for high-achieving team performance.
- Strengthens management: Managerial employees will be able to better manage conflict on their work teams.
- Builds awareness: The material offers a way for employees to better understand the components of work team development.
After completing this chapter's lessons, employees will be able to:
- Master conflict on high-performing teams
- Achieve commitment on high-performing teams
- Embrace accountability on high-performing teams
1. Mastering Conflict on a High-Performing Team
The Blue Widgets team, made up of Amir, Jakob, Lina, and Gabrielle, have been working together for a few weeks now. The team never seems to disagree. This could be a sign that the Blue Widgets team has yet to master conflict. Knowing that there is work to be done, Jakob invites Amir, Lina, and Gabrielle to a training.
2. Achieving Commitment on a High-Performing Team
After working on building trust and embracing conflict, the Blue Widgets team, made up of Amir, Jakob, Lina, and Gabrielle, have been working together quite well. They have grown comfortable being vulnerable with one another and even engaging in spirited debate when it is appropriate. However, their team lead, Jakob, recognizes that the team's work is just beginning. They must now learn to achieve commitment.
3. Embracing Accountability on a High-Performing Team
The Blue Widgets team is continuing to build trust, master conflict, and achieve commitment with each other. They're working together better than ever, but before Amir, Jakob, Lina, and Gabrielle make their way to the top of the High-Performance Team pyramid, they'll need to learn to embrace accountability.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.