About This Chapter
DHCP & DNS Configuration & Deployment - Chapter Summary
This engaging chapter assists you in fully understanding or reviewing concepts related to DHCP and DNS configuration and deployment. In the lessons, you'll study DNS architecture, the applications of dynamic host configuration protocol in Windows Server 2016, and more. If you've had a hard time with these subjects before, our easy-to-follow lessons can help. The self-assessment lesson quizzes ensure you've fully understood what you've learned before you move on. Once you finish this chapter, you should be able to achieve these objectives:
- Describe the allocations for dynamic host configuration protocol in Windows Server 2016
- Explain how to deploy a DHCP server and relay agent
- Provide a definition and explanation for DNS
- Outline name servers, resolvers and namespace for DNS architecture in Windows Server 2016
- Discuss the processes and configurations for deploying a DNS server
1. Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol in Windows Server 2016: Applications & Allocations
In this lesson, we will discuss DHCP and how it assigns IP addresses to clients. Additionally, we will review the allocation methods used by DHCP as well as the least time for IP addresses.
2. How to Deploy a DHCP Server & Relay Agent on Windows Server 2016
In this lesson, you will learn about the required steps to deploy a DHCP server on Windows Server 2016. You will also learn about configuring DHCP scopes and reservation as well as using the Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE) and setting up a relay agent.
3. What is a DNS? - Definition & Explanation
In this lesson, we will learn what DNS means, how it works and its functions in the world of the internet. We will see how it helps us navigate the complicated web of domains and IP addresses we are constantly requesting through our web browser.
4. DNS Architecture in Windows Server 2016: Namespace, Name Servers & Resolvers
In this lesson, you will learn about the Domain Name System (DNS) architecture in Windows Server 2016 and the common domain name system components. By the end of this lesson, you will understand what DNS is and its common functions.
5. How to Deploy a DNS Server for Windows Server 2016: Processes & Configurations
This lesson examines the process of setting up DNS services in Windows Server 2016, including creating new DNS zones and resource records, as well as explaining DNS server configuration and managing root hints.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Computer Science 322: Windows Server Configuration course
- Windows Server 2016 Installation & Configuration
- Configuring Storage & Replication in Windows Server 2016
- File & Share Access in Windows Server 2016
- Installing & Configuring Hyper-V in Windows Server 2016
- Creating & Managing Active Directory Users & Computers in Windows Server 2016
- Active Directory Groups & Organizational Units in Windows Server 2016
- Configuring Network Services with IPv4 & IPv6 in Windows Server 2016
- Installing Windows Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2016
- Ensuring High Availability in Windows Server 2016 Installations
- Clustering in Windows Server 2016
- Windows Containers in Windows Server 2016
- Security Policies, Group Policies & User Account Control in Windows Server 2016
- Security Policies, Application Restrictions & Windows Firewall in Windows 2016
- Maintaining & Monitoring Windows Server 2016