About This Chapter
Dialogue Lesson Plans & Activities - Chapter Summary
Refresh your curriculum or add in something new by reviewing this interesting chapter of language arts lesson plans at your convenience. The resources included in this chapter cover punctuating dialogue correctly, activities that involve writing dialogue and diction and slang games. You can use any smartphone, tablet or computer to work on your curriculum at any time that works well for you. If you have questions or would like to discuss these resources with an expert, reach out to one through the Dashboard.
How It Helps
- Games and activities: Gets your students involved with dialogue by encouraging them to interact and play with the concepts through activities and games.
- Homework assignments: Makes writing your homework assignments about dialogue quick and easy.
- Education standards: Takes the stress out of curriculum planning by ensuring your dialogue lessons meet all the appropriate standards.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan resources with relevant tools to make planning dialogue lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific dialogue topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your language arts class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related dialogue lessons with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important dialogue concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant dialogue-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Analyzing Dialogue Lesson Plan
Understanding and analyzing dialogue is an important skill for students to learn. Use this lesson plan to teach students important aspects of dialogue. High-level thinking activities are used to engage students in learning.
2. Dialogue Writing Lesson Plan
What is dialogue and how can it be used effectively in writing? This lesson plan features a text lesson designed to provide key facts about dialogue. A pair and share activity gives students practice analyzing and using dialogue in writing.
3. Dialogue Lesson Plan for Elementary School
Use this lesson plan to teach your students about dialogue. A video lesson shares examples of dialogue, warming students up to the concept, and a text lesson teaches how to write dialogue. Guided practice and an activity allow students to become dialogue pros.
4. Dialogue Activities & Games
Communication is often a two-way street, so understanding how to have an effective dialogue is a valuable skill. This lesson provides teachers with dialogue activities and games for students of varying ages and skill levels.
5. Diction Activities & Games
Word choice is a major part of communication. This lesson focuses on classroom diction activities and games teachers can use with students of varying ages and abilities.
6. Slang Activities & Games
Teaching slang to students can be tricky, but with the right tools it can lead to a deeper understanding of language. This lesson provides teachers with activities intended to show students how to analyze and use slang.
7. Dialogue Writing Activities
Written dialogue is an important component of creative writing. These activities provide your students with a variety of dialogue-writing opportunities to hone this skill.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Language Arts: Lesson Plans & Games course
- Punctuation Lesson Plans & Resources
- Linguistics Lesson Plans & Resources
- Compare & Contrast Lesson Plans & Activities
- Language Arts Lesson Plans
- Phonics & Spelling Lesson Plans
- Vocabulary Lesson Plans & Activities
- Language Arts Games for 1st Grade
- Language Arts Games for 2nd Grade
- Language Arts Games for 3rd Grade
- Language Arts Games for 4th Grade
- Language Arts Games for 5th Grade
- Language Arts Games for 6th Grade
- Language Arts Games for 7th Grade
- Language Arts Games for 8th Grade