About This Chapter
Diet Plans for Diabetes - Chapter Summary
It's important for people with diabetes to observe a specific diet to manage their illness. Our instructors outline several different diet plans appropriate for people with pre-diabetes, gestational diabetes, and those with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes in this chapter. These short, mobile-friendly lessons are accessible for review at any time, from anywhere. If you have questions as you progress through the lessons, contact an instructor for assistance. This chapter will help you understand how to:
- Prepare a diet plan for someone with pre-diabetes
- Suggest a lunch idea to someone with gestational diabetes
- Identify an appropriate snack for a Type 1 diabetes patient
- Recommend the right foods for someone with Type 2 diabetes to eat
1. Pre-Diabetic Diet Plan Ideas & Recommendations
Hearing that you may be pre-diabetic can be pretty scary. Read further in this lesson to learn how this condition can be reversed with lifestyle changes like diet and exercise.
2. Type 1 Diabetic Diet Plan Ideas & Recommendations
Type 1 diabetes can be managed and controlled through appropriate nutritional intake. Read this lesson to learn more about suggested dietary plans for people with diabetes type 1.
3. Type 2 Diabetic Diet Plan Ideas & Recommendations
Type 2 diabetes results in high blood sugars in the body which can be dangerous and lead to harmful chronic conditions. Read this lesson to learn about how dietary changes can help manage and control type 2 diabetes.
4. Gestational Diabetes Diet Plan Ideas
Gestational diabetes occurs when a pregnant woman has high blood sugar levels. Through special diet plans, women with gestational diabetes can lower their blood sugar and keep it under control.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic Nursing Training course
- Diabetes Insipidus
- Surgical Procedures
- Treating Bites & Stings
- Identifying & Treating Bone Issues
- Treating Cystitis
- Weight-Related Issues
- Understanding & Treating Fistula
- Patella Injuries & Issues
- Types & Application of Casts
- Types & Application of Splints
- Understanding & Treating Hernias
- Understanding & Treating Sciatica
- Understanding Joints & Joint Issues
- Understanding & Treating Hepatitis
- Understanding Occupational Disease
- Treating Occupational Disease
- Diseases of the Central Nervous System
- Digestive & Intestinal Diseases
- Rheumatic Fever & Heart Disease