About This Chapter
Different Types of Data Analysis - Chapter Summary
The professionally-developed lessons on different types of data analysis in this chapter make it easy for your marketing employees to understand the applications of advanced data analysis, regression analysis and more. Whether you have one employee or 100, this corporate training chapter serves all kinds of training purposes, from onboarding to group training sessions.
How It Helps
- Provides foundational knowledge: Employees will understand key aspects of data analysis, such as multidimensional scaling and geospatial data analysis after completing the chapter.
- Offers examples: Lessons provide concrete examples of different types of data analysis to help employees better understand the practical applications of these concepts.
- Boosts confidence: Ensure your employees know how to fully complete a variety of different types of analysis with confidence by assigning this data analysis chapter.
This chapter is designed to help your employees achieve these objectives:
- Define data analytics and list the tools associated with it
- Outline the types of data analysis
- Provide a definition and examples of exploratory data analysis
- Identify the applications of advanced data analysis in marketing research
- Give a definition and example of geospatial data analysis
- Discuss predictive analysis
- Detail the components of program performance analysis
- Explain regression analysis
- Define multidimensional scaling in data analysis
1. What is Data Analytics? - Definition & Tools
In this lesson, we'll learn about data analytics. We'll define it and learn about some of the many tools used for data analytics. The lesson is followed by a quiz.
2. Types of Data Analysis
In this lesson, we will learn about data analysis. We'll look at a few types of basic data analysis, and then venture into more specific intense analysis. The lesson will conclude with some examples and a summary.
3. Exploratory Data Analysis: Definition & Examples
This lesson defines exploratory data analysis and goes over its purpose. Then, using two different examples, we go over how it might be useful for marketers.
4. Applications of Advanced Data Analysis in Marketing Research
When research questions are complex, advanced statistical methods can answer tough questions with accuracy. This lesson will explore some of these methods.
5. Geospatial Data Analysis: Definition & Example
Within this lesson, we'll examine the concept of geospatial data. We'll define it and we'll define geospatial data analysis and look at some examples of its use.
6. Predictive Analysis: Definition & Examples
If you've had a Google search finish your thoughts, you've seen predictive analysis in action. The crux of predictive analysis is the question: What might happen? We'll provide some more detail and examples.
7. Program Performance Analysis: Definition & Components
Scope, cost, quality, schedule and resource data are all components that make up a program performance analysis. In this lesson, we will look at some metrics used including ROI, customer satisfaction, and more.
8. Regression Analysis: Definition & Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn about regression analysis and how you can use it to help you analyze and better understand data that you receive from surveys or observations. Learn what is involved in regression analysis and what to look out for.
9. Multidimensional Scaling in Data Analysis: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we'll take a look at multidimensional scaling in data analysis and how the two are related. You'll see how we use multidimensional analysis to organize and better understand information.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Data Science for Marketing course