About This Chapter
Digital Communication Etiquette - Chapter Summary
If your company's employees need to learn or review digital communication etiquette, have them complete this online corporate training chapter. The chapter is accessible at any time that fits your employees' schedules, and it includes short lessons about smart online communication, workplace instant messaging tips, digital customer service skills and more. Each lesson comes with a short quiz, and your employees can submit questions to our instructors if they need any extra help with the material.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter helps employees become aware of the negative effects of online communication.
- Encourages responsible communication practices: Lessons offer guidelines that enable employees to communicate wisely online.
- Improves online communication skills: Executives who complete the chapter should be able to avoid online communication pitfalls and use online messaging effectively in the workplace.
By the end of the chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Evaluate the importance of wise communication technology use
- Follow guidelines for using text and instant messaging at work
- Use digital customer service skills
- Recognize common online communication pitfalls
1. The Importance of Using Communication Technology Wisely
It is very important for businesses to use communication technology wisely. This lesson explores why companies need guidelines or a code of conduct for employees to understand the limits of cell phones, emails, texting, and social media.
2. Guidelines for Using Instant and Text Messaging in the Workplace
Companies are embracing alternative means of communication to increase profits and aid in delivering messages. Mobile messaging policies for instant and text messaging should be established to aid employees in their daily use.
3. Essential Skills for Digital Customer Service
Essential skills for digital customer service range from writing a professional response to properly verifying customer data. In this lesson, you'll learn more about critical skills needed for handling digital service inquiries.
4. Common Pitfalls of Online Communication
Reading emotion in a story can be easy because of details provided by the author, but what about online communication when the author and reader is you? In this lesson, we will discuss the common pitfalls that occur in the world of online communication that can lead to misunderstanding and miscommunication.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.