About This Chapter
Digital Marketing Plan Strategy - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, our expert instructors explain the basics of digital marketing plans. This collection of short and engaging lessons helps you fully understand concepts like SMART objectives, digital marketing plan creation, campaign performance measurement and much more. Take the included self-assessment quizzes to check your understanding of the lesson material. The chapter is available to study at any time that fits your schedule, and you can submit questions to our instructors if you need any extra help. By the end of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Summarize the process of creating a digital marketing plan
- Write SMART objectives for digital marketing initiatives
- Align tactics to digital marketing strategies
- Allocate, schedule and budget digital marketing resources
- Measure the performance and outcomes of digital marketing efforts
1. Creating Digital Marketing Plans: Importance & Process
In this lesson, we cover the importance of a digital marketing plan and the process of making a plan for any business. Every business needs a digital marketing plan with a clear strategy for the future. Learn how to build one here.
2. Writing SMART Objectives for a Digital Marketing Initiative
Writing marketing objectives? Work SMARTer, not harder! In this lesson, we'll detail what SMART objectives are, why they're important, and how you can use them to create specific and measurable efforts.
3. Aligning Tactics to a Digital Marketing Strategy
With a variety of online marketing activities available, it's important that you select those activities that best support your marketing strategy. This lesson describes how to choose tactics that will make your digital marketing strategy successful.
4. Digital Marketing Resource Allocation, Scheduling & Budgets
With so many choices for placement of digital marketing, it's important to get the most bang for your buck. In this lesson, we'll briefly examine methods for allocating resources, scheduling digital ads and social media posts, and thinking about ad budgets.
5. Measuring Digital Marketing Performance & Outcomes
Why is measuring digital marketing performance so important? How would one go about measuring the specific outcomes? Find answers to these questions and more within this lesson.
6. How to Create a Digital Marketing Plan
In this lesson you'll learn how to write a full digital marketing plan, using a step-by-step process. You'll learn about creating marketing objectives that meet business goals.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising course
- Marketing & the Internet
- Digital Marketing Strategies
- Creating Digital Campaigns
- Segmentation & Targeting
- Online Marketing & Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Advertising & Promotions
- Mobile Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Digital & Web Analytics
- Customer Engagement & Relations
- Required Assignments for Business 309
- Studying for Business 309