About This Chapter
Digital Marketing Strategies - Chapter Summary
Solid strategies for marketing and an understanding of digital marketing terminology ensure the success of digital marketing campaigns. The instructors featured in this chapter's video lessons will describe the most important information concerning direct and content marketing. You will learn the difference between different marketing strategies and techniques that improve the effectiveness of content. Quizzes located in each lesson will help you assess your comprehension. When you're finished with the chapter, you should be able to:
- Define direct marketing concepts
- Explain the purpose of content marketing
- Develop digital content marketing goals/strategies
- Analyze the various methods for content promotion and discover how to respond to feedback
- Dissect consumer-generated marketing and tell how companies can benefit from consumer-created content
- Consider guerrilla marketing concepts and how they differ from traditional marketing
- Assess the techniques that can make a campaign go viral
- Define affiliate marketing and revenue sharing
- Use digital marketing applications and software
- Compare different types of marketing campaigns
- Analyze examples of effective digital marketing campaigns
- Plan and implement a digital marketing strategy
1. Types of Marketing Campaigns
There are many different ways to market your company and brand. This lesson will dive into a few of the different types of marketing campaigns and provide strategies for each.
2. Digital Marketing Campaign: Definition & Examples
Learn about what a digital marketing campaign is and how to create one. In this lesson, we follow an extensive examples from planning to development to management. We also cover a number of definitions relating to digital marketing campaigns.
3. Digital Marketing Strategy: Planning & Implementation
This lesson discusses the steps for planning and implementing a digital marketing campaign. It also discusses three strategic concepts that are integral to digital marketing.
4. What is Direct Marketing? - Definition, Concepts & Examples
Direct marketing is a very effective and powerful way to share information about a product or service. This lesson will discuss what direct marketing is and what concepts are important in direct marketing and also give examples.
5. Revenue Sharing & Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing can be a great tool to grow your business or expand your revenue streams. In this lesson, we'll look at revenue sharing and affiliate marketing and how to apply both to your digital marketing plan.
6. What is Content Marketing? - Definition & Purpose
In this lesson, we'll explore what content marketing is and the purpose behind it. Examples will be discussed and compared to other forms of marketing.
7. Developing Goals & Strategies for Digital Content Marketing
In this lesson we'll learn what digital content marketing is, some of the more common goals for it, and some strategies that can be implemented to meet those goals. We'll also look at the process for developing a voice for digital content.
8. Promoting & Measuring Success of Digital Content Marketing
Digital content marketing can be a valuable added resource for your marketing efforts. In this lesson, you'll learn about how content can be used, ways to promote the content, how to listen to your readers, and how to measure the success of your efforts.
9. Consumer-Generated Marketing (CGM): Definition & Strategies
Companies are realizing that the best way to market to new customers is to use their current customers' feedback and opinions. This lesson will explain consumer-generated marketing and provide strategies for using it.
10. What Is Guerrilla Marketing? - Definition, Strategies & Examples
In this lesson, we will discuss what guerrilla marketing is and why it is so different from traditional marketing efforts. We will also review some strategies for creating this type of marketing.
11. What is Viral Marketing? - Definition, Techniques & Examples
This lesson discusses viral marketing and offers techniques that make a campaign go viral. Examples of effective viral marketing campaigns and messages are included.
12. Using Digital Marketing Software & Applications
This lesson will identify and evaluate popular applications and software that can be used as part of a digital marketing plan. This includes applications and software for social media management, automation, content marketing, and community building.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising course
- Marketing & the Internet
- Creating Digital Campaigns
- Segmentation & Targeting
- Online Marketing & Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Advertising & Promotions
- Mobile Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Digital & Web Analytics
- Customer Engagement & Relations
- Digital Marketing Plan Strategy
- Required Assignments for Business 309
- Studying for Business 309