About This Chapter
Digital Tools & Technology in the Classroom - Chapter Summary
This professionally designed chapter contains lessons on digital tools and technology for the classroom. Review topics such as the difference between digital tools and digital curricula and how technology is used in early childhood classrooms. This chapter can assist you in achieving the following objectives:
- Understanding how to customize learning using digital tools
- Show leadership and effective use of digital tools
- Explain how technology can be used in arts and reading instruction
- List ways to teach writing using effective technology
- Detail the use of technology in math and science classrooms
- Discuss the helpful use of technology to teach history
Our learning materials make the study process approachable, interesting and easy. All of the lessons are coupled with self-assessment quizzes, so you'll know for sure if you need to study further or if you're ready for that big test. Help from an instructor is available through the Dashboard simply by submitting any questions that you have.
1. Digital Curricula vs. Digital Tools: Definition & Uses
In the digital age, classrooms cannot avoid digital curricula and digital tools. In this lesson, we will discuss the differences between the two and explore some examples.
2. Using Digital Tools to Customize Learning
Digital tools and instructional technology resources allow for students to learn according to their learning style. Leveraging these resources creates instructional opportunities for teachers to flip their classroom.
3. Digital Tools: Demonstrating Effective Use & Leadership
Instructional technology is here to stay in 21st century learning. Learn how to be a leader in the use of digital tools in your school or district, community, and classroom, including switching to a flipped classroom.
4. Technology in the Early Childhood Classroom
Technology is an incredibly important part of any classroom. This lesson will introduce you to several pieces of technology that you will likely see in many early childhood classrooms.
5. Using Technology to Enhance Arts Instruction
Discover ways to use technology to engage the creative mind. Learn how to apply technology tools for arts instruction. Explore the practical challenges and benefits of technology integration.
6. Technology Used in Reading Instruction
In this lesson, we will explore the different uses of technology for reading instruction and how it can be a valuable tool in the classroom. We will discuss some of the options available for your classroom implementation.
7. Using Technology to Teach Writing
In this lesson, teachers will learn how to use technology in order to teach students writing and publishing techniques. Additionally, this lesson will discuss how teachers can use various technological resources to facilitate students using written communication in various modes in their classrooms.
8. Math Technology in the Classroom
Teachers use lots of tools to keep students engaged and active learners. Math class is no exception, and technology is a great way to hook learners. This lesson examines how math technology can be used in pre-K through 12 classrooms.
9. Technology in the Science Classroom
Technology integration in the science classroom can be approached in several different ways. In this lesson, we'll look at technology integration from a conventional inquiry-based instruction approach, as well as the levels of technology integration that can be applied to the science classroom.
10. Using Technology in the History Classroom
This lesson discusses why the use of technology in history classrooms is important. It also discusses how teachers can use technology while teaching the class as a whole and how they can incorporate technology when students are in small groups.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Indiana Core Assessments P-12 Education: Test Prep & Study Guide course
- Human Development Theories & Processes
- External Factors in Childhood Development
- Developmental Variations in Students
- Individualizing Instruction for Students with Cognitive Impairments
- Developmental Challenges in Childhood & Adolescence
- Student Diversity & Learning Promotion
- Gifted Student Education
- Second Language Acquisition & Instruction
- Overview of Learning Theories
- Factors Influencing Student Learning
- Curriculum & Instructional Planning
- Instructional Resources
- Promoting Student Learning
- Differentiating Instruction
- Culturally Competent & Relevant Instruction
- Reading Instruction Strategies
- Communication Theory & Methods for the Classroom
- Student Motivation & Engagement
- Indiana Student Assessment Strategies
- Adapting Student Assessments
- Interpreting & Communicating Assessment Results
- Creating Positive Learning Environments
- Classroom Management Approaches
- Professional Environment for Teachers
- Legal & Ethical Considerations in Education
- Indiana Core Assessments P-12 Education Flashcards