About This Chapter
Chapter Summary and Learning - Chapter Summary
Digital and web analytics can be used in a number of ways for your business, and this chapter is going to help you find out how. It contains short and intriguing lessons about the definition of data analytics, kinds of digital analytics, and ways to use analytics in marketing. At the end of each lesson, you can take the short multiple-choice quizzes to check the amount of information you remember from studying. Upon completion of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Analyze examples of web analytics and digital analytics
- Compare the different kinds of digital analytics
- Recognize the type of information that's provided by marketing analytics and metrics
- Identify common web analytics tools
- Measure and track digital marketing campaigns/ads, as well as mobile advertising campaigns
1. Web & Digital Analytics: Collection & Examples
In this lesson, we will define web and digital analytics, see what kind of information we can get from them, and identify ways marketing teams can collect the data. Afterwards, test your new knowledge with the quiz questions.
2. Marketing Analytics & Metrics
In this lesson, we'll describe marketing analytics and metrics as well as predictive analytics and how these are used in today's marketing environment.
3. Tools for Web Analytics in Marketing
Web analytics tools can give you insight into the behaviors of your site visitors. In this lesson, you'll learn more about their various features and how to use them to improve website performance.
4. Digital Analytics: Paid, Owned, & Earned Media
In this lesson, you'll learn about digital analytics and how it can be used in paid, owned, and earned media to enhance business decisions. When through, test your understanding with a few quiz questions.
5. Measuring & Tracking Digital Marketing Ads & Campaigns
Complete this lesson to learn how digital campaigns are measured and tracked so site owners can see which campaigns are working and which are not. Learn how Google Analytics provides these necessary features.
6. Measuring & Tracking Mobile Advertising Campaigns
Measuring and tracking mobile advertising campaigns presents a unique set of challenges to other forms of Internet advertising. However, with clear expectations set about goals and metrics at the beginning, mobile advertising can be a valuable tool in any campaign.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising course
- Marketing & the Internet
- Digital Marketing Strategies
- Creating Digital Campaigns
- Segmentation & Targeting
- Online Marketing & Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Advertising & Promotions
- Mobile Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Customer Engagement & Relations
- Digital Marketing Plan Strategy
- Required Assignments for Business 309
- Studying for Business 309