About This Chapter
Direct Marketing Communications - Chapter Summary
Improve your direct marketing knowledge with this engaging series of marketing lessons and quizzes. Taught by expert marketing instructors, the chapter dives into foundational direct marketing concepts and explains its types, benefits, methods and issues. Be sure to take the included self-assessment quizzes, and, if you need any extra help understanding the material, simply submit your questions to our instructors online. You'll be able to access the chapter whenever it fits your schedule, and when you're finished, you should be able to:
- Explain basic direct marketing concepts
- Evaluate the different types and benefits of direct marketing
- Assess direct marketing methods and segmentation
- Summarize current ethical and legal issues in the field of direct marketing
1. What is Direct Marketing? - Definition, Concepts & Examples
Direct marketing is a very effective and powerful way to share information about a product or service. This lesson will discuss what direct marketing is and what concepts are important in direct marketing and also give examples.
2. The Types & Benefits of Direct Marketing
In this lesson, you'll see how businesses build awareness of their products through the use of direct marketing. You'll also see how businesses decide what type of direct marketing to use and what benefits there are.
3. Direct Marketing: Methods & Segmentation
Companies use all different types of marketing to get the word out about their product or brand. This lesson will explain what direct marketing is, the different methods of direct marketing, advantages and disadvantages of the different types, and marketing segmentation.
4. Direct Marketing: Legal & Ethical Issues
There are certain legal and ethical aspects on direct marketing that companies need to understand. This lesson will take a look at a few of the top issues like the right to be informed, the right to privacy, and legal restrictions on direct mailing.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TECEP Introduction to Marketing: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Overview of Marketing
- Marketing Planning & Strategy
- Market Research & Analysis
- Marketing Environment Basics
- Pricing Strategies in Marketing
- Consumer Behavior, Satisfaction & Loyalty
- Segmentation, Targeting, & Position in Marketing
- Marketing Ethics Basics
- Business Marketing Overview
- Global Business Marketing
- Product & Service Management
- Marketing Channels & Distribution
- Supply Chains & Logistics in Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communications Overview
- Marketing & Social Media
- Personal Selling Communication
- TECEP Introduction to Marketing Flashcards