About This Chapter
Disability Insurance Policies - Chapter Summary
Build up and expand your knowledge about disability insurance policies with this helpful chapter. Our instructors designed this chapter to meet the needs of learners of all levels, so whether you know very little about disability insurance or if you're an insurance pro, our learning tools can help you achieve your study goals. Each lesson is packed with insightful examples, major vocabulary words, definitions, and other concepts, so you will certainly review all the information you need to know for any upcoming exams. When you finish this chapter, you should be able to do the following:
- Review short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Show the provisions of disability insurance
- Differentiate between individual and group disability insurance
- Determine the characteristics of business disability insurance
- Establish the provisions of dismemberment and accidental death insurance
The format of our article-style lessons and video lesson transcripts make it easy for you to follow along and comprehend all of these insurance topics. Larger headers show you the major concepts discussed within each lesson. You can easily distinguish the vocabulary words and related definitions, as these are set off in bold or italicized lettering. Key concepts and other explanations are also identified with this style of lettering. As added study aids, visuals, including pictures, graphs, and formulas, are used to elaborate even further on lesson topics. Lastly, the summaries at the end of each article-style lesson and lesson transcript give you a fast recap of the most pertinent details you need to know.
1. Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
Have you ever wondered how people are able to pay their bills if they suddenly cannot work due to illness or injury? In this lesson, we'll define long-term and short-term disability. You'll also learn about the activities of daily living and Social Security benefits.
2. Disability Insurance Provisions
If someone becomes ill or injured, it may be difficult or impossible for them to work and pay their bills. Disability insurance is intended to help with this situation. In this lesson, you will learn about disability insurance.
3. Group vs. Individual Disability Insurance
As we get older, we have a greater risk of becoming disabled and not being able to work and earn an income. In this lesson, you will learn more about group and individual disability insurance.
4. Business Disability Insurance
Insurance is a great way to help a company out in the case of an unexpected event. In this lesson, we will learn about some of the different types of insurances policies a company can take advantage of if there is a sickness or injury.
5. Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
In this lesson, we will define the term accidental death and dismemberment along with providing a summary of what it all entails, including its benefits, terms/acceptance criteria, and limitations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Life & Health Insurance Exam Prep & Practice course
- Types of Life Insurance Policies
- Policy Riders, Provisions, Options & Exclusions
- Taxes, Retirement & Other Insurance Concepts
- Health Insurance Policies & the Government
- Provisions of Health Insurance Policies
- Social Insurance Programs
- Health Insurance Rights & Benefits
- Insurance Applications & Underwriting
- Contract Law in Insurance