About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify the topics in your Trigonometry chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons within this online chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the trigonometry topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
You'll learn all of the geometry topics covered in the textbook chapter, including:
- How to find trigonometric ratios
- Solving trigonometric equations
- Identifying angles of depression and angles of elevation with triangles
- The meaning and applications of the Law of Sines and the Law of Cosines
- How to solve math equations using the laws of cosines and sines
1. Practice Finding the Trigonometric Ratios
So you know what sine, cosine and tangent are. Great! But how do you use them? Find out how in this lesson as we find missing sides and angles using trigonometric ratios.
2. How to Solve Trigonometric Equations for X
Adding trigonometric functions into standard algebra equations adds complexity. Learn how to solve trigonometric equations for x and how to use inverse operations to simplify equations.
3. Law of Sines: Definition and Application
Don't get stuck trying to find missing sides or angles in a triangle. Use the Law of Sines to rescue you from any perilous triangle in which you have just a few pieces of information.
4. Law of Cosines: Definition and Application
In this lesson, we'll learn how to solve problems involving three sides and one angle in a triangle. The Law of Cosines, a modification of the Pythagorean Theorem, will save the day.
5. Solving Real World Problems Using the Law of Cosines
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to use the law of cosines to solve real-world problems. Learn what kinds of real-world problems the law of cosines can help you solve.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Discovering Geometry An Investigative Approach: Online Help course
- Discovering Geometry Chapter 1: Introducing Geometry
- Discovering Geometry Chapter 2: Reasoning in Geometry
- Discovering Geometry Chapter 3: Using Tools of Geometry
- Discovering Geometry Chapter 4: Discovering and Proving Triangle Properties
- Discovering Geometry Chapter 5: Discovering and Proving Polygon Properties
- Discovering Geometry Chapter 6: Discovering and Proving Circle Properties
- Discovering Geometry Chapter 7: Transformations and Tessellations
- Discovering Geometry Chapter 8: Area
- Discovering Geometry Chapter 9: The Pythagorean Theorem
- Discovering Geometry Chapter 10: Volume
- Discovering Geometry Chapter 11: Similarity
- Discovering Geometry Chapter 13: Geometry as a Mathematical System