About This Chapter
Discussing Nature & the Environment in Spanish - Chapter Summary
In this informative chapter, our instructors cover the Spanish language vocabulary and expressions associated with the environment and nature. Each lesson is accompanied by a multiple-choice quiz you can use to assess your understanding or as a test preparation tool. You're welcome to study at any time that's convenient with our flexible lessons and quizzes, accessible 24 hours a day on your mobile device or computer. You're welcome to contact an instructor for more help if you have any difficulty with any of the material provided here. After completing this chapter, you should be ready to:
- Use the correct Spanish vocabulary for environmental and nature topics
- Express probability, possibility, necessity and obligation in Spanish
- Practice your Spanish with reading and speaking activities
1. Spanish Nature & Environment Vocabulary
Do you love la naturaleza? This Spanish lesson will teach you words for nature and the environment. You'll learn new vocabulary and find examples of how to use these new words.
2. Expressing Possibility & Probability in Spanish
In Spanish, there are many different ways of expressing possibility and probability. In this lesson, you will learn the basic vocabulary and expressions to talk about probable or possible events.
3. Expressing Obligation & Necessity in Spanish
Obligation and necessity are part of our daily lives, and thus, part of our daily conversation. Let's learn how to express each separately in Spanish while we explore the things to do after a countryside day.
4. Talking about the Environment: Spanish Practice Activity
Now that you have studied vocabulary about nature and the environment, it's time to practice. In this lesson, you will read descriptions of natural spaces in order to help you practice vocabulary about the environment.
5. Nature & the Environment: Spanish Reading Practice
In this lesson you will read two passages that talk about nature, the environment, and what we need to do to protect them. You will also get a chance to practice your vocabulary by answering some comprehension questions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Spanish 102: Intermediate Spanish course
- Discussing Health & Safety in Spanish
- Discussing Daily Activities in Spanish
- Formal & Informal Spanish Imperatives
- Describing Future School Plans in Spanish
- Giving & Asking for Advice in Spanish
- Discussing Politics & Government in Spanish
- Discussing Work & Employment in Spanish
- Discussing Social Life & Relationships in Spanish
- Discussing City Life in Spanish
- Visiting a Restaurant in Spanish
- Shopping & Negotiating Price in Spanish
- Clothing Vocabulary in Spanish
- Discussing Art & Culture in Spanish
- Required Assignments for Spanish 102
- Studying for Spanish 102