About This Chapter
Discussing Social Life & Relationships in Spanish - Chapter Summary
These helpful text and video lessons show you how to correctly speak in Spanish about relationships and social life. For video lessons, you can quickly skip ahead or go back to specific sections of the lesson using the video tabs feature. It's easy to test your understanding before you move on to another lesson or chapter by taking the multiple-choice quizzes. If you need help, feel free to contact our expert instructors. Once this chapter is complete, you should be able to:
- Understand common Spanish words for social life, acquaintances and friends
- Use the past perfect subjective tense
- Utilize correct Spanish grammar when using subjunctive tenses
- Practice your Spanish subjunctive tenses by having social conversations
- Discuss the traditions of Mexican holidays
1. Spanish Vocabulary: Using Social Life Terms
In this lesson we will learn some important vocabulary that will be useful when talking about social events like parties, banquets, and a little gossip, too.
2. Spanish Vocabulary: Friends & Acquaintances
Having friends is an important part of life. The word for friend in Spanish is 'el/la amigo/a'. In this lesson, you'll learn vocabulary to help you talk about friends and acquaintances. You'll also see examples of how to use these words in daily conversation.
3. Mexican Holidays: Traditions & Celebrations
Mexico is a nation that knows how to celebrate its holidays. In this lesson, we'll explore some of the biggest holidays in Mexico and see how they are commemorated year after year.
4. Past Perfect Subjunctive Tense in Spanish
In this lesson, we will learn how to conjugate and use the past perfect subjunctive, and we will use some vocabulary about social life to examine this important part of Spanish grammar.
5. Spanish Grammar: How to Use Subjunctive Tenses
In this lesson, we will learn how to know what subjunctive tense needs to be used according to when the actions occur. We will also practice some vocabulary about social life.
6. Practice Using Subjunctive Tenses in Social Conversations
In this lesson, we will practice the subjunctive tense, especially past perfect subjunctive, by listening in on conversations. We will also practice vocabulary related to social events.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Spanish 102: Intermediate Spanish course
- Discussing Health & Safety in Spanish
- Discussing Daily Activities in Spanish
- Formal & Informal Spanish Imperatives
- Describing Future School Plans in Spanish
- Giving & Asking for Advice in Spanish
- Discussing Politics & Government in Spanish
- Discussing Work & Employment in Spanish
- Discussing Nature & the Environment in Spanish
- Discussing City Life in Spanish
- Visiting a Restaurant in Spanish
- Shopping & Negotiating Price in Spanish
- Clothing Vocabulary in Spanish
- Discussing Art & Culture in Spanish
- Required Assignments for Spanish 102
- Studying for Spanish 102