About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your dissociative disorders homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your dissociative disorders homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Definition of dissociative disorders
- Historical views of dissociative disorders
- Dissociative amnesia
- Dissociative fugue
- Dissociative identity or multiple personality disorder
- Dissociative depersonalization disorder
1. Dissociative Disorders: Amnesia, Dissociative Fugue & Split Personalities
There are times when the human brain can actually separate its different parts, sometimes as a defense mechanism. These are known as dissociative disorders. This lesson takes a closer look at these kinds of disorders and how they impact the mind.
2. What is Dissociative Amnesia? - Definition and Symptoms
People respond to problems differently. Sometimes, people respond to trauma by losing part or all of their memory. In this lesson, we'll look at the symptoms, types, and treatments of dissociative amnesia.
3. Dissociative Fugue: Definition, Causes and Treatment
In some rare cases, people forget who they are, move across the country, and assume a completely new life. What could cause something like that to happen? In this lesson, we'll look at dissociative fugue, including diagnosis, causes, and treatments.
4. Multiple Personalities Disorder: Symptoms & Summary
In this lesson, you will learn how difficult life is for someone suffering from the rare and serious mental disorder once known as multiple personality disorder. We'll also explore its symptoms, causes and treatments, and why there's a controversy over it in the psychological community.
5. Dissociative Depersonalization Disorder: Definition, Causes and Treatment
Imagine what it would be like to be outside your body, watching your own life like a movie. In this lesson, we'll look at the symptoms, causes, and treatments of a psychological disorder that's just like that: dissociative depersonalization disorder.
6. Dissociative Identity Disorder: Symptoms, Treatment, Causes & Definition
In this lesson we explore dissociative identity disorder and the controversy of multiple personalities. Learn about the causes, symptoms and treatments of this remarkable disorder and test your knowledge.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help Resource course
- Introduction to Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- Research Methods in Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- Clinical Research of Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- The Biological Model of Abnormality: Homework Help
- The Psychodynamic Model of Abnormal Behavior: Homework Help
- The Behavioral/Learning Model of Abnormal Behavior: Homework Help
- The Cognitive Model of Abnormal Behavior: Homework Help
- Homework Help for the Humanistic-Existential Model of Abnormal Behavior
- The Sociocultural Model of Abnormal Behavior: Homework Help
- The Diathesis-Stress Model: Homework Help
- Clinical Assessment: Homework Help
- Introduction to Anxiety Disorders: Homework Help
- Mood Disorders of Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- Stress Disorders: Homework Help
- Somatoform Disorders in Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- Eating Disorders in Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders: Homework Help
- Psychotic Disorders: Homework Help
- Substance Use Disorders: Homework Help
- Cognitive Disorders in Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- Life-Span Development Disorders: Homework Help
- Personality Disorders in Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- Factitious Disorders: Homework Help
- Treatment in Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Abnormal Psychology: Homework Help