About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other abnormal psychology work.
- Identify the dissociative disorders in psychology concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our abnormal psychology tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about dissociative disorders in psychology and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the various types, causes and treatments of dissociative disorders or any other dissociative disorders in psychology topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their psychology learning
- Prefer learning psychology visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their dissociative disorders in psychology unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in abnormal psychology
- Don't have access to their psychology teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about dissociative disorders in psychology simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live abnormal psychology tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about dissociative disorders in psychology on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Discuss the current and historical views of dissociative disorders.
- Define dissociative amnesia.
- Examine the causes and treatment of dissociative fatigue.
- Learn what causes dissociative identity disorder, and understand how to treat it.
- Describe the causes and treatment of dissociative depersonalization disorder.
1. Dissociative Disorders: Amnesia, Dissociative Fugue & Split Personalities
There are times when the human brain can actually separate its different parts, sometimes as a defense mechanism. These are known as dissociative disorders. This lesson takes a closer look at these kinds of disorders and how they impact the mind.
2. What is Dissociative Amnesia? - Definition and Symptoms
People respond to problems differently. Sometimes, people respond to trauma by losing part or all of their memory. In this lesson, we'll look at the symptoms, types, and treatments of dissociative amnesia.
3. Dissociative Fugue: Definition, Causes and Treatment
In some rare cases, people forget who they are, move across the country, and assume a completely new life. What could cause something like that to happen? In this lesson, we'll look at dissociative fugue, including diagnosis, causes, and treatments.
4. Multiple Personalities Disorder: Symptoms & Summary
In this lesson, you will learn how difficult life is for someone suffering from the rare and serious mental disorder once known as multiple personality disorder. We'll also explore its symptoms, causes and treatments, and why there's a controversy over it in the psychological community.
5. Dissociative Depersonalization Disorder: Definition, Causes and Treatment
Imagine what it would be like to be outside your body, watching your own life like a movie. In this lesson, we'll look at the symptoms, causes, and treatments of a psychological disorder that's just like that: dissociative depersonalization disorder.
6. Fugue State: Definition & Symptoms
In this article, you will learn about a rare and unusual disorder known as the fugue. Read on to discover symptoms, possible causes, and treatments for sufferers of a fugue state.
7. Retrograde Amnesia: Definition, Causes & Treatment
This lesson discusses retrograde amnesia, a form of memory loss. Whether it's from a blow to the head or a brain infection, retrograde amnesia is a really serious issue, so learn about the main causes and possible solutions below.
8. Time Sampling: Definition & Examples
Did you know that there are three different types of time sampling? Learn more about time sampling from examples, then test your knowledge with a quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution course
- Introduction to Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- Research Methods in Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- Clinical Research of Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- The Biological Model of Abnormality: Tutoring Solution
- The Psychodynamic Model of Abnormal Behavior: Tutoring Solution
- The Behavioral/Learning Model of Abnormal Behavior: Tutoring Solution
- The Cognitive Model of Abnormal Behavior: Tutoring Solution
- The Humanistic-Existential Model of Abnormal Behavior: Tutoring Solution
- The Sociocultural Model of Abnormal Behavior: Tutoring Solution
- The Diathesis-Stress Model: Tutoring Solution
- Clinical Assessment: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Anxiety Disorders: Tutoring Solution
- Mood Disorders of Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- Stress Disorders: Tutoring Solution
- Somatoform Disorders in Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- Eating Disorders in Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders: Tutoring Solution
- Substance Use Disorders: Tutoring Solution
- Psychotic Disorders: Tutoring Solution
- Cognitive Disorders in Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- Life-Span Development Disorders: Tutoring Solution
- Personality Disorders in Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- Factitious Disorders: Tutoring Solution
- Treatment in Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution