About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Dividing Decimals chapter into a 3-day unit. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||Fractions and decimals||Converting fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions|
|Tuesday||Operations with decimals||Maintaining place value when adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing decimals|
|Wednesday||Word problems||Solving word problems that require decimal multiplication and division|
1. Relating Fractions and Decimals
Watch this video lesson to learn how to use both fractions and decimals to help you solve problems. Learn how to change between the two to use the best one for your problem.
2. Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division with Decimal Notation
Performing operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division has some differences when there are decimals involved. This lesson will explain how to perform these operations all while keeping the decimals straight.
3. Multiplying and Dividing Decimals: Examples & Word Problems
Watch this video lesson to learn what you need to do to get a correct answer when multiplying and dividing decimals. Learn the easy tricks to figuring out where the decimal point goes.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Division Lesson Plans & Curriculum Resource course
- Introduction to Division Lesson Plans
- Dividing Fractions Lesson Plans
- Dividing Radicals & Exponential Expressions Lesson Plans
- Division with Complex Numbers Lesson Plans
- Division of Factorials Lesson Plans
- Dividing Functions Lesson Plans
- Dividing Polynomials Lesson Plans
- Division in Geometry Lesson Plans