About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your dividing fractions homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your dividing fractions homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Define and identify different types of fractions
- Put fractions in order and compare them
- Reduce and build fractions
- Apply fraction notation for subtraction and addition
- Divide and multiply fractions
- Find solutions to complex fractions
- Divide mixed numbers and fractions
- Use quadratic dominators to factorize partial fractions
1. What is a Fraction? - Definition and Types
Fractions may be your friend's worst nightmare, but they don't have to be yours. Watch this video lesson to learn about fractions and how you can understand them easily. Also learn to identify the different types of fractions.
2. Comparing and Ordering Fractions
Comparing and ordering fractions is way to examine fractions that contain different-sized sets. In order to compare these fractions, you must find a common denominator and make equivalent fractions.
3. How to Build and Reduce Fractions
Fractions are a fundamental part of everyday life. Fractions represent a comparison of a part to the whole. To reduce fractions, we will divide by the greatest common factor, or the GCF.
4. Using Fraction Notation: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication & Division
How do we add, subtract, multiply or divide with fractions? In this lesson, we'll learn how to use fraction notation correctly no matter what operation we're completing.
5. How to Solve Complex Fractions
Did you know fractions can nest within fractions? In this lesson, we'll learn about complex fractions and look at two different methods for solving them.
6. Dividing Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Dividing fractions and mixed numbers? It sounds daunting, but it's not as tricky as it sounds. In this lesson, we'll learn how to divide fractions and mixed numbers.
7. Partial Fractions: How to Factorize Fractions with Quadratic Denominators
Adding fractions with different denominators is something you probably learned how to do in algebra. In this lesson, learn how to do the opposite: take a complicated fraction and turn it into two simpler ones.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Division: Homework Help Resource course
- Introduction to Division: Homework Help Resource
- Dividing Decimals: Homework Help Resource
- Dividing Radicals & Exponential Expressions: Homework Help Resource
- Division with Complex Numbers: Homework Help Resource
- Division of Factorials: Homework Help Resource
- Dividing Functions: Homework Help Resource
- Dividing Polynomials: Homework Help Resource
- Division in Geometry: Homework Help Resource