About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering division in geometry will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about division in geometry. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how division can be used to find the dimensions of two- and three-dimensional shapes
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about division in geometry
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Division in Geometry chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Division in Geometry chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any division question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the division in geometry concepts covered in a standard math course. Topics covered include:
- Dividing line segments
- Calculating the area of triangles
- Determining the volume of cones
- Finding the surface area and volume of pyramids
- Using integrals to find areas
- Identifying the line of symmetry
1. Dividing Line Segments into Equal Parts: Geometric Construction
Watch this video lesson to learn one way to easily divide any line segment into as many equal parts as you need. Also, learn where in real life this skill comes in handy.
2. Area of Triangles and Rectangles
How do you find out the area of rectangles and triangles? Learn how in this lesson! We'll look at the formulas, then practice solving problems for each shape.
3. Cones: Definition, Area & Volume
Watch this video lesson to learn where in the real world you will see cones. Also, you will learn the formulas for finding the surface area and volume of these cones.
4. Pyramids: Definition, Area & Volume
Do you think of the great pyramids of Egypt when you hear the word pyramids? Watch this video lesson to learn why they are called pyramids and also how to find their surface area and volume.
5. How to Find Simple Areas With Root Finding and Integration
Combine your calculus tools in this lesson! Find the area enclosed by multiple arbitrary functions by first finding the root of an equation and then integrating over the resulting range.
6. How to Find Area Between Functions With Integration
Sometimes you aren't looking for the area under the curve; after all, not every region is between a curve and axis! In this lesson, learn how to find areas between curves as well as areas with complicated boundaries.
7. Identifying the Line of Symmetry: Definition & Examples
Symmetry can occur in many different ways in mathematics. In this lesson, learn how to identify unique forms of symmetry by finding the line of symmetry.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Division: Help & Review course
- Introduction to Division: Help & Review
- Dividing Fractions: Help & Review
- Dividing Decimals: Help & Review
- Dividing Radicals & Exponential Expressions: Help & Review
- Division with Complex Numbers: Help & Review
- Division of Factorials: Help & Review
- Dividing Functions: Help & Review
- Dividing Polynomials: Help & Review