About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your homework on division in geometry.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your homework on division in geometry with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Using geometric construction to divide line segments
- Finding the area of rectangles and triangles
- Calculating the area and volume of cones and pyramids
- Using root finding and integration to determine simple areas
- Calculating the area between functions
- Using a function's graph or equation to identify the line of symmetry
1. Dividing Line Segments into Equal Parts: Geometric Construction
Watch this video lesson to learn one way to easily divide any line segment into as many equal parts as you need. Also, learn where in real life this skill comes in handy.
2. Area of Triangles and Rectangles
How do you find out the area of rectangles and triangles? Learn how in this lesson! We'll look at the formulas, then practice solving problems for each shape.
3. Cones: Definition, Area & Volume
Watch this video lesson to learn where in the real world you will see cones. Also, you will learn the formulas for finding the surface area and volume of these cones.
4. Pyramids: Definition, Area & Volume
Do you think of the great pyramids of Egypt when you hear the word pyramids? Watch this video lesson to learn why they are called pyramids and also how to find their surface area and volume.
5. How to Find Simple Areas With Root Finding and Integration
Combine your calculus tools in this lesson! Find the area enclosed by multiple arbitrary functions by first finding the root of an equation and then integrating over the resulting range.
6. How to Find Area Between Functions With Integration
Sometimes you aren't looking for the area under the curve; after all, not every region is between a curve and axis! In this lesson, learn how to find areas between curves as well as areas with complicated boundaries.
7. Identifying the Line of Symmetry: Definition & Examples
Symmetry can occur in many different ways in mathematics. In this lesson, learn how to identify unique forms of symmetry by finding the line of symmetry.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Division: Homework Help Resource course
- Introduction to Division: Homework Help Resource
- Dividing Fractions: Homework Help Resource
- Dividing Decimals: Homework Help Resource
- Dividing Radicals & Exponential Expressions: Homework Help Resource
- Division with Complex Numbers: Homework Help Resource
- Division of Factorials: Homework Help Resource
- Dividing Functions: Homework Help Resource
- Dividing Polynomials: Homework Help Resource